Santa's On The Naughty List

"𝐖𝐄'𝐋𝐋 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐄 𝐎𝐍 this next week

"𝐖𝐄'𝐋𝐋 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐄 𝐎𝐍 this next week. Keep up on your reading, please" the teacher states right after the bell ring.

"That was really distracting" Madeline complains gathering all the books and notes together.

"Oh, well, by all means, Madeline, point out to the faculty that their annoying custom of teaching is distracting you from more important things, like nail filing or daydreaming about marrying
Ryan Phillippe" Paris snaps at her.

"Aah! He's already married" Louise corrects her.

"Then whatever straw-head actor isn't."

Rory and I share a glance and join their conversation.

"This was bad, I mean, for the last five minutes every single thing she said sounded dirty" Madeline states.

"Yeah, same here" Louise frowns as she agrees.

"Good God" Paris rolls her eyes at them.

"What do you mean?" I ask frowning at her.

"I mean, reticulum— Come on."

"Plus, the Golgi body— Is it me, or is it majorly pornographic?" Louse adds.

"My life with the Banger Sisters..." Paris comments turning to us.
Rory and I are both wearing a weirded look.

"So, changing the subject..." I try to distract ourselves from what Madeline and Louise just said.

"Hallelujah," Rory notes.

"What's everybody doing for Thanksgiving?"

"I can't even talk about Thanksgiving" Paris replies acidly.

"Louise?" I try not to make the conversation go south.

"I'm having dinner with my dad" she replies fixing the bag on her shoulder.

"Isn't he still in jail?" Madeline asks with a frown on her face.

"Yes, but his company donated some treadmills for the inmates, so he swung a special trailer for dinner that they'll set up for us in the parking lot. We have it for two hours, then one of the Manson girls gets it."

"You're lucky it's in that order..." Madeline comments.

"My Thanksgiving is turning into a Wes Craven movie" Paris replies.

"How so?" Rory asks.

"I called shelters to volunteer to serve food. It's Thanksgiving. You'd think they'd have needs. Nope. Every single stupid soup kitchen in town turned me down because they have enough volunteers."

"Bummer" I joke. Who would like to spend their Thanksgiving serving soup alone? I know I wouldn't...
Wait, no, it sounds selfish and bratty. I find it a bit depressing, even though it's a very altruistic thing to do. But I know Paris isn't doing it out of the goodness of her heart, she's doing it for even more chances of getting into Harvard.