Dick Grayson x Reader

Me and Dick were having a family get together at the manor. We were having an amazing time and everyone loved seeing our 4 year old daughter. The last time they saw her in person she was 2. Everyone was super busy with the whole hero shindig that they only talked through FaceTime. They spoiled her with so many presents especially the girls and Alfred. I'm not close with my parents so having Alfred and Bruce around makes me feel like I have some parental figures in my life. (D/n) was in the in the corner with her hot chocolate and playing with her new toys. I was having such a good time catching up with everyone that I didn't notice my daughter in front of me until she was a few feet away from me.

"Mommy I spilled." She said. I looked over and saw the puddle of hot chocolate next to her coloring book. I gave her a reassuring smile and stood up.

"It's ok let's go clean it." I said trailing off. I looked at my daughter's face and got emotional. She wasn't scared to tell me and didn't try to hide it. She just came to ask for help because she made a mistake.

"Mommy why are you crying?" He asked. I wanted to answer her but I was getting wrapped up in my own thoughts and turmoil.

"Come on Princess let's go get some paper towels." Jason's distant voice said. Hearing my daughters soft giggles I started crying more. Dick pulled me into his lap.

"What's wrong honey?" He asked.

"I did it." I said laughing while crying.

"What?" He asked.

"We raised our daughter to not be scared of communicating mistakes. I broke the cycle." I started sobbing. I probably looked so dumb crying so hard over something like this. Dick just smiled rubbing my back. My mom said I would end up just like her and it was my worst fear for so long. Making my child feel the way she made me feel. I was so scared to be a mom because I was terrified of becoming like her. Unknowingly becoming like her. It almost made me miscarry because of the stress and being off my anxiety meds. It felt so relieving to feel like I was doing something right for my daughter.

"Yeah we did that." He said before kissing mg forehead. My mom would have yelled at me or punished me for making a mess. And the thing was I knew I did something bad and she made me feel so much worse for it. I don't know seeing my daughter come to me so calm just snapped something in me. Like I did that. I looked over and saw her and Jason cleaning up the mess. Dick is such a supportive husband too. He's over here just rocking me with a smile.

"You are such a good mother honey." He said. Sometimes the validation is needed. Sometimes I need to hear it. I think Dick knew it was one of those times. I want to give her the childhood I wish I got. Seeing her smile is everything to me.