Robin (Dick Grayson) x Reader

I walked into the mountain in my civilian clothes. I was lazy and didn't feel like changing. Today sucked. I went into the lounge where everyone was and flopped onto the couch.

"You don't look like you're having a good day." Robin teased sitting on the other end. I glared at him.

"I'm not b-bird brain." I sneered. He smiled.

"Yay." He muttered making me glare at him.

"Fuck off." I said exasperated. Wally sped over and all of a sudden I had a strawberry in my mouth.

"Don't cuss (Y/n). You know how the big bad Bat gets." Wally said with a bowl of strawberries in his hand. I smiled and ate the strawberry.

"T-There are worse th-things than cussing Wally." I said before grabbing another strawberry.

"Come on let's go train." Canary said coming into the room. I groaned and went to change into my suit. It was fun watching the other pairings but I hated mine. I was paired with Robin.

Now this is when I explain why I have a stutter. You know Vanellope Von Schweetz from Wreck it Ralph. It's basically phasing but I have a stutter because of it so I call it glitching. It's not that I'm nervous or embarrassed or anything. I just have a stutter. And sometimes when I'm emotional my body will glitch. Like my molecules glitch like from Spider-Man into the Spiderverse. Yeah. Also I can cause hallucinations and disorientation. I go by Nightmare. My powers when scaled right are pretty nightmarish.

"And go!" Canary said before robin came charging at me. He flipped right over me and threw an explosive birderang at me. I glitched so that it went through my body and didn't hit me. I threw a punch at him which he dodged. He threw down a smoke pellet engulfing the room in smoke. I closed my eyes and listened. I heard something cutting the wind from above me. I jumped up and glitched through his body but taking his utility belt. I clipped it onto my waist and when I landed I could see clearer. He was checking his waist for his utility belt. While he was distracted I flipped him onto the ground.

"Robin failed." The machine said. A few seconds passed and the smoke fully cleared.

"That was fast." Wally said. I laughed and noticed how the utility belt was loose on me.

"How is this fair when she can literally phase through people and walls?! She's like a glitch!" Robin asked annoyed. I felt my coding glitch and I threw his utility belt at him before storming off towards my room. Also I live here. I glitched into some a tank and some pants. I pulled my hair into a messy ponytail and went back to the boy's locker room. I found Robin's things and found homework. He won't be needing this. I went back to the training room and showed him and then showed him my lucky lighter. His eyes widened slightly and I burned it. He was annoyed and so was I.

"H-Hope you didn't n-need those." I said before walking away pissed off. He used the g-word. That was uncalled for.

"I know you two have a rivalry but all he did was call you a glitch and you burn his homework?" Arty said walking into the lounge with me.

"Y-you know how I s-stutter?" I said. She nodded.

"Well th-that's because of m-my powers. If I d-didn't have t-them I'd be able to speak n-normally. And a glitch i-it's a mistake, a-a virus, an e-error in programming. Something unwanted. I t-take it as a p-personal insult." I explained. She nodded understanding.

"I get it. It's like if someone called me blondie. I'd punch them." She said. I nodded.

"Exactly." I mumbled before I glitched.

"By the w-way it's hard to not glitch in p-public." I said. She nodded.

"Sometimes I'm glad I don't have powers." She said making me laugh but I could feel myself glitch while laughing.