Wally West x Mermaid!Reader

Atlantis is an ally to Oceana. Oceana is what you call the mer city. All merpeople have tails and there is a large population of us. We are not Atlantean we have been around long before Atlantis had sank into the ocean. We are at peace with them and I am a Royal Ambassador between Oceana and Atlantis. I deliver messages between the Royal families. It usually takes 2 days of nonstop swimming to get there day and night. So once I arrive I am allowed a day in my designated chamber to sleep and replenish myself before seeing the King and Queen. And that's what I'm doing right now enjoying my seaweed salad. I am meant to see King Arthur and Queen Mera later this evening.

~Time Skip~

I swam over to the throne room of the palace. Queen Mera was there as always the King on the other hand usually isn't.

"Queen Mera it's wonderful to see you again." I said swimming up to her to give her a hug. Despite my age I am good friends with the Royal Family.

"(Y/n) it's good to see you again. We have a new family member on the way." She said excited. I looked at her stomach.

"You are with child?! How far along are you?" I asked excited. I haven't seen a baby in so long.

"I'm 4 months along. He's a boy." She said holding her stomach. I smiled.

"I must tell my Queen about this. She'll be elated." I said excitedly. Queen Mera nodded.

"What message did Queen Adira send?" She asked sitting down. I quickly remembered why I was here.

"Queen Adira thinks that there should be a superhero representative on land from Oceana." I said with my hands behind my back.

"Who did you have in mind?" She asked. I used my holographic computer to show her our candidates.

"All have the ability to separate their tails into legs and all have a high skill in magic and great warriors." I said showing her the holographic pictures.

"Why send a warrior to be a representative when we already have you. You have been trained in very advanced magic and have the ability to separate your tail into legs." She said.

"But-" I started but she cut me off.

"The Queen wanted my opinion and I'm telling you that you are the best candidate. I will send Kaldur to come and get you while I contact the Queen of Oceana." She said. I nodded and left back to my chambers. So me on the surface world. I never thought I'd see the day I wouldn't be in the water. I love it down here but I'd do anything for Oceana even if that means going to the surface.

I separated my tail into legs and sighed. I put on some black shorts and a crop top that is the same color as my tail. I like to wear these ballet socks when I have feet. I can still feel the ground but they protect me from the hot ground. And they just look pretty. I sighed and kept pacing now. No pacing is not going to do me any good.

~Time Skip~

There was a knock at my door. I took a deep breath and opened the door to see a young Atlantean. Dark skinned, platinum blonde hair, well muscled. Warrior trained in magic judging from the tattoos running along his arms.

"Would you happen to be (Y/n)?" He asked. I nodded.

"You are Kaldur correct?" I questioned. He nodded and shook my hand.

"Are you ready to go to the surface world?" He asked. I nodded nervously.

"Do not worry I was also nervous my first time leaving the ocean." He said as we swam up to the surface.

"It's not that. I prefer mental preparation that something is going to happen. The decision that I'd be going to walk among surface dwellers happened within the last few hours." I explained as we breached the water.