Beastboy x Abused!Reader

I walked into the Cave and sighed. Safe for awhile. I don't need to see myself to know I looked like shit. I just got a beating for not getting lunch done on time. My dad is abusive. I can protect the world, strangers, and my teammates but I can't protect myself. I'm weak. I felt a gust of wind hit me then it came back quickly. I saw Bart and waved. He looked at me before running next thing I knew I was on the couch and Bart had a first aid kit. This caused me to become the center of attention. I smiled sheepishly.

"What happened to you?!" Garfield asked running over. I laughed nervously.

"I got jumped on the way here. It wasn't a fair fight and I ended up like this. How bad does it look?" I said. Nobody wanted to answer me. Bart just kept bandaging me up along with Robin. They helped me up but when Rob's hand brushed over my ribs I winced.

"Just a bruise." I waved it off. I lied I had 3 broken ribs from last week also from my dad. I went to the bathroom and saw how best up I looked. I grabbed some makeup from my bag to cover up all the bruises on my arms and face. When I finished you could barely see them. I came back out and went with the others. We had some fun goofing off watching YouTube videos until we had an exercise Batman wanted us to do. It's an endurance exercise.

"You will all be facing your greatest fear. That's the endurance test. We will pull you out once you give the safe word. The safe word is Justice." Batman said. Everyone seemed scared but I was the worst. I know what my fear is and it sucks.

"Batman I cant do this." I said looking down. I could feel everyone's eyes on me.

"That's why it's an exercise to help get over your fear." He said. I shook my head and I could see myself visibly shaking. I nodded anyways. Everyone went through their fears one by one. Some Miss Martian simulated in their minds others we had to walk around to do. I avoided it for so long. Everyone lasted as long as they could and it was a pretty long time. I don't even be able to look at my fear. I'm very claustrophobic. Dad would beat me and put me in an ice chest and lock it with a metal chain until he remembered I was there.

"(Y/n) it's your turn." Batman said leading everyone to a large ice chest. I looked at it and already got scared.

"It'll be ok." Gar reassured me. I felt slightly better thanks to Gar. I took deep breaths and walked closer to it. It was an empty ice chest that will fit me. I also saw a lock on it. I started panicking. I only managed to sit down before the fear set in.

"Justice! Justice! Justice! I-I can't!" I said shaking my head. Batman gave me the Batglare and I looked down. I took a deep breath and went all the way in. Nightwing closed the top and I heard it lock. I looked at the small space and it was closing in on me. I felt tears run down my cheeks. I can't do it.

"Guys let me out!" I shouted banging my hand against the top. I didn't hear anything. I started kicking at the walls of the box trying to open it. I kicked at the lid too. I tried rocking it it turned over hurting my ribs again. I was punching and kicking at the box trying to get out. I could hear commotion outside but everything was muffled. I kept kicking at the opening of the box and made it roll over again. Now the lid was on the bottom. The panic was getting painful now. My chest was hurting, I was losing feeling in my fingertips, and I was crying not to mention the horrified screaming.

"Justice! Guys! LET ME OUT!" I yelled kicking the walls. The walls are going to crush me. I saw that I made a dent in the wall to the side of me. I kept punching and kicking and it broke open. I crawled out and took a deep breath. I closed my eyes and tried focusing on my breathing.

"(Y/n)! (Y/n)! Calm down!" I heard someone say. I couldn't figure out who it was at this point. Someone wrapped their arms around me and I struggled to get out.