Jason Todd x Reader

Why not do another Soulmate AU.

I sighed doodling on my hand. My soulmate probably hates me for littering his skin with doodles and math equations and reminders. Math isn't my strong suit. I did the equation on my hand annoyed. I'm freaking 16 and I can't figure this out?! I scratched it out and redid it. Well before I saw writing appear on my hand doing my math problem showing me where I did it wrong. I blinked a few times. He's never written anything back before. I drew a smiley face on my hand next to the problem to say thanks. He didn't say anything after that. I did the problem on the worksheet. Finally I'm done with my homework. Off to the bookstore. There is this old bookstore I always go to because I love the smell of the books. It reminds me of the Hogwarts library from the movie. Once I got there I smiled. The smell of books filled my nose. I smiled and walked over to the poetry section of the library. I found a small book full of short poems. I flipped through them and saw one of my favorite poems. A Crystal Forest by William Sharp.

"The air is blue and keen and cold,
With snow the roads and fields are white
But here the forest's clothed with light
And in a shining sheath enrolled." I said looking outside. It's the middle of winter and snowing out here in Gotham.

"Each branch, each twig, each blade of grass,
Seems clad miraculously with glass:
Above the ice-bound streamlet bends
Each frozen fern with crystal ends." A deep voice said making me turn around quickly. I saw an attractive looking man a bit older than me maybe looking at me.

"You know that poem?" I asked seeing how he looked like a biker or a jock rather than a reader. He nodded smiling.

"William Sharp is a good poet. Wrote some great stuff." He said leaning against the bookshelf. I smiled and nodded.

"What's your name fellow book lover?" I asked.

"I'm Jason and you are?" He asked.

"I'm (Y/n)." I smiled. I checked the time and saw I was late for lunch with mom.

"Sorry but I'm overdo. I'm really in a stew. No time to say goodbye, hello, I'm late I'm late I'm late." I said walking towards the cashier to pay for my books.

"The White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland?" Jason asked.

"Favorite book. It was nice meeting you but I actually am very late." I waved before running.

That was my first encounter with Jason. We bumped into each other a few other different times before we decided to start seeing each other on purpose. We hung out a few times. It was fun talking to him. We often met up for coffee and went to the library together. We go to the same school but I avoid him there since he's almost always getting mobbed by girls. I didn't need to be added to that list. Now it's lunch and I'm at my normal table by myself reading. I was reading Alice in Wonderland for about the 500th time. I smiled as I read it not really paying attention to my lunch. I heard a sound next to me. I turned and saw Jason sitting next to me. I smiled.

"Hey Jason. Not sitting at your normal table today?" I asked him.

"Nah we're sitting here today. So buckle up because I'm making you meet new people." He said as more people sat down near us. I just buried my head further into my book.

"Jason I'm going to kill you." I muttered to myself.

"So this is the girl Jason? Is she new I've never seen her around?" His brother Tim asked. I deadpanned.

"We're in the same chemistry class. I sit right across from you." I said annoyed. He got flustered and looked away.

"And why do I have to meet new people?" I asked Jason.