21. Pardon

Ashley's POV

4:02pm..

Sam decided she's not feeling 'outside' any more, so we're heading back my mom's. In the sixteen years mi know this little she has never been this quiet and I'm actually worried.

"Wa mi play some song?" I ask, trying to brighten the mood.

"Sure.."

My phone is already connected to the car, so all I do is press play on the song that is at the notification bar.

🎶WHENEVER YUH LONELY SHOUT ME
AND ME DEH DEH INA HURRY
NO NEED FE NOBODY KNOW BOUT WE 🎶

(450- Lonely^^)

She quickly changes the song as it starts playing and I laugh.

Not goods getting flashbacks.

"A wa so?" I ask.

"Nothing, just nuh wa hear that mi will select song," she says, taking the phone and go straight to YouTube.

If you say so mam.

Shortly after, we reach mommy's house and I tell Sam to wait before she goes upstairs.

"sit down " I say, then point at the couch.

"Mommy!" I shout from downstairs and immediately Sam starts getting up and I stop her.

"Mi nuh wa talk to har ash," she says, rolling her eyes at me.

"Cya tell mi that" I reply and shout for mommy again.

"Yes me pickney" she answers and walk come down the stairs.

" Come sit down, we affi guh talk this out, mi nuh like Sam's attitude towards you and me wa know more bout this" I say, taking a seat next to Sam.

"That likkle girl no have no manners whatsoever, Now mi get fi understand why she start act like she a big woman, cause man a touch har and a have her Ina different positions" she retorts, giving same a disgusted glare.

The dumbass in me wanted to laugh but I held it together.

"You nav no right fi a search up me things dem lady, The room have a door fi ah reason, So me can have some privacy" Samantha basically shouts.

Well it's shouting for me.

"Kibba yuh mouth pickney yuh wa me slap it off? talk to yuh mother with respect, and yes me understand say yuh want privacy but a fi har house ino" I say, then turning to my mother.

"Mommy Samantha a 17 august nuh so? She a nuh big woman but she's maturing, so you need to understand that she's going to want privacy and she need her personal space at times. At least be pleased she's using protection," I say and my subconscious just couldn't wait to bash me.

*She nay did a use protection wa day ya*

Shh..

"And you, yuh must listen to when mommy talk because if it wasn't for her you wouldn't have a roof over your head right now, so apologize for your behavior" I turn to Samantha and say.

"Mi just nuh want mi wash belly Fi pregnant Ash, she have a future ino and she a bright girl. Babies don't stay with you for couple months, They are with you forever until them legal, Even then, them ago stick on to yuh," Mommy says to me.

"Mommy, I understand what you're saying, but mi nah go get pregnant, mi ago mek you proud no matter what, and I'm sorry for the way I was behaving, it won't happen again" Samantha says and I smile.