71. Arrange

Ashley's POV
2:00pm

"Here you go." My mother hand me salad.

"Thanks for the leaves and grasses."

She shake her head while laughing then walk away and I follow with the plate in my hand.

From yesterday when Nickolas and I talked on the phone I haven't heard from him since.

I've texted him but he didn't reply.. I even tried phone calls but non of them went through.

Makes me wonder what he's so busy with.

"From yesterday mi deh here and all now yuh likkle daughter no talk to mi." I say to mommy, trying to think about something else..

I don't even know if Samantha is here...

Yesterday Devan kept my company until mi drop asleep then he left early this morning, and now I actually miss him because my mother will be leaving for work soon.

My dad barely can hold a good conversation without telling stories about his childhood.

"She lock up in her room massa.. only come out as she feel." My mom replies.

"I swear if she's not taking care of her underweight body so that baby can be healthy unu ago hear mi mouth before mi go weh."

I don't care if she's upset with my parents for their 'reaction to my pregnancy'.. a Fi her business if she wa beat up her self about that.

All I care about right now is if my niece or nephew is ok... The mother can do what she wants until she learns some manners.

"Wa night ya before you come she lock up in the room and no wa eat... A yuh daddy did affi race har up.. I honestly don't know what to do with her I'm trying so hard Ashley.. but mi just nu know a weh mi go wrong with Samantha.. it's like some form a crawsis deh Pon mi baby mek she no wa Ina peace with nobody."

I know my mother is trying but one hand cya clap.. so if Samantha no willing Fi change har dutty style nothing na go improve.

At first I thought her behavior was due to lack of affection form her family members.. but since recently I realized we've done alot.. so much more than you can think of..

She just doesn't realize that.. or maybe she doesn't want to.

"Right now I don't know who can get through to her because it's obviously not any of us."

"Her baby father?" My mom, in more of a question..

I shrug.. the last time mi and Alex talk.. Nickolas nearly beat him face in.. so mi nu too sure bout that.

Mi know say Nick never do anything to him the other day because of the presence of my mother.

So maybe...

"Ok so if we ago involve him you need to come with me to talk to him." I suggest.

"Fi why?"

"Cause a your child.. mommy just come.. trust mi your going to want to come."

"Alright. Mek mi know when."

"How about tomorrow."

I'm not sure what time Nickolas will be back tomorrow.. but I don't think it's in the Early morning.. so we can go at that time..

She agrees then leave the room to get ready for her shift.

But there is still one problem.. I'm not sure how I'll be able to get in contact with Alex. I didn't save the number Gavin gave me the last time so now I don't know what to do.