41. Doppelganger

Ashley's POV
*Two days later**

Friday 9:43am

I need to bring Samantha to clinic today since she hasn't been there since she found out about the pregnancy.

It's like she doesn't want to take care of the child she has growing inside her..

Earlier, I contacted Gwen to accompany us mainly because I haven't spoken to her in like.. forever!

And I have some things to talk to her about.

It's been two days since I asked Nick to help me find my sister and all now him nuh give mi nuh update.

Makes me wonder...

Today, I don't feel like wearing my own clothes, so I'm going to search his closet for a shorts and a shirt, when I open it look at the same spot I saw the weapon the last time but now it's not there.

Is that so..

I take out a tommy Hilfiger shorts and the matching shirt to go with it.

I don't know what's it with me and men clothes.

And wearing your man's clothes just hits different you know...

While roaming the closet a while longer, my eyes spot a jewelry looking box and I reach for it.

I open it, curious of what jewelry is inside but instead, I see a photo.

A Rasta woman smiles brightly on it then flip it around and notice a writing that says "For daddy" with a heart.

Which woman this?

Daddy?

As in yes fuck me daddy..!?

Huh!!

I'm genuinely confuse.

My phone rings out, bringing me back to reality then I realized for a moment I forgot what I am going to do today.

"Hello.." I answer

"I'm ready.."Samantha says on the other end of the call..

I told her to give me some time, then I call Gwen and the put the box back where I took it from.

I'm bringing the photo with me..

After getting ready, I drive out the yard intending to pick up Gwen from her house first.

....

As the doors close and she steps in, she greets me with a short hug then immediately starts chatting.

She talk for the entire journey to get Samantha and then continue to go the clinic.

Swear mi ears a buss.

After the appointment, we found out Samantha is three weeks pregnant and she's underweight..

And after that, she said she wanted food so I got it for her and bring her home.

Before we head back, Gwen and I decide to conversate a little in maypen so we go for a seat at independence park.

"So girl, mi a chat from day and all now you nu tell mi nothing weh a gwan Ina your life..." Gwen says, giving me weird look..

Well I was kidnapped, almost got rapped, found out I have a half sister, mi father a gunman and him know mi man and them hate each other, Not to mention my boyfriend might be lying to me about countless amount of things including the fact that I'm his 'first love'

And 'first girlfriend '

"My life is great.. No drama over here." I chuckle.

"Really now, So you just call mi a maypen Fi look Pon mi? Never know yuh have a thing for girls." She raise her eye brow while slowly folding her hands.