60. Parents

Ashley's POV

8:30am

"Is my father still here?" I ask Nickolas

"I'll find out for you... Him can stay with you until mi come back with clothes and food... That good with you?"

"Yes." I answer and He nods and leave the room..

I honestly don't know how I'm still alive... Not to mention I completely destroyed my car... My poor wish.. I loved that car so much.. it was my first car and I bought that one mainly for family vacations..

Now it's all gone.

I still can't remember much about early this morning.. but one thing keeps replaying in my head..

The short man walking towards me with a gun... I really don't know if I was just hallucinating... But then again it feels so real.

I can't even remember how I got here..

Sigh....

it's best I take it slow in remembering what really happened.. I know if I force anything the headaches will just be greater.

"Ashley!" I turn to see my father in a wheelchair coming towards me. "Hey pops." I crack a smile.

Why does he look so.. pale. "Wah happen Ashley? how yuh reach yaso?" He asks

"I- Uh.. did you get them to call mommy?" I ask instead of answering the question.

"Yes she's on her way "

I nod and smile in response "Does she know I'm here Ashley?" He asks.

Shit! Mi completely forget fi tell her he's in the hospital... Only Devan knows.

So much things started to happen I just didn't remember to tell her.

"You didn't remember right? How do you forget about telling your mother that your father is in the hospital!?" He says, sounding like he's about to be angry if mi answer with foolishness.

"Come on man Ashley, mi laydown ya a wait Pon her Fi come look Fi mi and all now mi cya see her... I don't even know how to get in contact with her other than through you!"

"I'm sorry.. it's just a nuff things deh Pon mi mind and mi just nay memba.... Yes mi never remember my own father in the hospital... Call me the worst child ever."

He hiss his teeth a little, then sighs. " How yuh feel.. yuh in pain or anything?"

"My head hurts but otherwise from that I'm good." We talk a little while longer until my mother and Samantha reached.

My mother walk to me while crying then hug me. While Samantha stand looking at Christopher with her hands over her mouth.

"Daddy!?" She said loudly causing my mother to shift her gaze to him.

It's funny how she never seem relieved to see him even after such a long time.

"Can see say yuh mother no really business about my existence cause she walk right pass mi an no say nothing." Daddy says.

My mother hiss and cut her eye at him.. "Give mi a minute." She said kissing my forehead then get up and push Christopher to the hall.

"Ashley what-"

"Sshhh." I shush Samantha before she could continue..

Like she no see say mi wa fass..

All I can do is see their mouths moving. I could only make out a few sentences but only from my mother... Her voice is powerful... Even if she's whispering you can still hear a few things.