24. long time no see

Nickolas's POV

I ask some men to stay and guard my brother's door because I don't know if Orville will want to finish the job.

After leaving the hospital and reaching home, I suddenly remember it's my birthday.

See, this day just fucking curse.

If mi never did wah celebrate it before, it even worst now.

On our 16th birthday my favorite cousin died, she was like a big sister we never had, my uncle found out how she died the same day he got killed.

Alla dat happen one day.

I know Orville behind both deaths, just nuh why mi cousin, and I'm guessing that's what my uncle found out and lost his life.

This time mi ago mek sure say Orville dead, because it's like him a try kill off everybody in my life..

Going through my room door, I see Ashley sitting on my bed, using her computer.

I take the device from her and put it on the night stand, then I lay on my back and use her legs as a pillow.

She starts rubbing my head and looking at me.

"I was scared to loose him and I'm terrified to loose you, That's why I want you to stay with me for now" I tell her and the room gets silent for a couple minutes.

"Ok" she says.

"Ok as in ok?" I look up to her and she giggles. "Yes"

Best news mi hear since day.

Ashley's POV

I know he loves me and I can see he's afraid to loose the ones he loves, So might as well I just put his mind at ease.

"I got you something" I say, then he eases up and allow me to get up.

"Yuh just give me the perfect gift" he says and I smile.

"These gifts are actually funny to me,Hope you like them" I walk over to the present, picking them up and handing them to him.

The first gift he opens is a picture frame, containing the first picture we took together in my house.

"Yuh weird" he says with a laugh.

" Look at the next one." I bite on my lips and watch as he opens a box with a chain and a custom pendant that says By force.

"Swear yah the best" he laughs and pout his lips for me to kiss, which I do.

"I have other things that you can open later, but now, what do you want me to cook?"

"Cook? Wah mi wah nuh affi cook," he smirks and I playfully hit him.

"Be real and tell mi wa yuh want."

Mi too tired fi wah him deh pon right now ino.
.......

**The next day**

Ashley's POV

6:02am

"Nick"

"Hmm" he mumbles.

"I'm leaving now, See you later"

"Ok, drive safe" he says and turn on his side

"I will"

I kiss his shoulder and go downstairs to get my car keys. A few minutes later, I'm home and getting ready to get to school.

Thank god a only one class mi have and it's with grade 11.