63. Symptoms

Nickolas's POV
8:00am

The Doctor that came to check up on Ashley this morning was literally my alarm.. I watched as she do what she calls a ' Neurological exam'....

It's basically to make sure her brain no damage... Although it's obvious or else she wouldn't a yap so much yesterday with her friend.

But I guess these test are necessary.

I decide to step outside while she does her work.

....

When I got back the doctor isn't in the room.. "Can you help me to take a shower?" She asks, getting up. I nod yes and bring her to the hospital's bathroom.

After I finish helping her shower and get dressed I told her I'm going to try and get her released into home care... The hospital too uncomfortable and it's not safe.

Anybody can try something here... Too much people is around and I trust non of them.

I told Ashley what I'm going to do and she said ok then I left.
...

I knock on Dr. Kumar's office and she answered telling me to come in.. she sigh before saying. "I already know what your here for.. so take it"

She hand me the release form and I gladly take it with a smile... Although I must say she seems to be in a hurry for me to leave and I'm curious.

"So what.. no medical advice as to why she should stay?" I question..

"Mr. Boothe she did sustain a hard hit to her head and if I'm being honest I don't know how she can talk so fluently and can mange to move around by her self to some extent.. even the neurological test came back perfect.. it would be evil of me to keep her here... When I know she can be taken care of from home."

Talk about change of heart.

"Well if the doctor say's it's ok that means it ok Right." I say giving her a half smile

"Not exactly... Remember we are doctors.. not gods" she return the smile and I left the room..

Before I head back to Ashley's room I make a phone call to Mila to inform her about my absence today.

Right after I made one to Kev.. telling him I'll be there in a couple hours.

Today is the day we find Reginald and get it over with.. no more lay lay thing... Mi wa find out wa mi do this man.
.....

I go back to the room to find Ashley staring at the television. "So you're leaving today... There will be a nurse at home to check up on you every now and then... But she starts tomorrow."

"Alright." She gets up to straighten the bed while I finish packing up her things..

"Oh and I will get you a new phone on the way home.. since as your old one got in a accident to."

"Alright.. so the phoneIt -Yuh think it mash up good good right?" She asks, sounding a bit embarrassed.

"Mi no know ino.. but a wa so? you ago get a new one so you don't have to worry ok."

She sighs and finish with the straightening.
....

We leave the hospital and go straight home since Ashley said she feels tired.

She would a muss tired, hospital bed no sleep comfortable a rass.
...

A couple minutes after we reached home and she went straight to bed. then I left for Kingston shortly after.

Ashley's POV
11:00am

The growling of my stomach and the pain that came along with it woke me up from my slumber.

I limp to the fridge and open it.. before I could take anything out I remember the Pringles I saw in the paper bag Nick give me yesterday.

I went back upstairs and search around untill I found it in a bag we took from the hospital...

I carried it downstairs then turn on the tv... To find something to watch just so I can ignore how uncomfortable this bandage around head feels..

Going to a channel specifically NBC to see what going on, and sure enough it is law and order.

I pull the cup of Pringles and started eating it while I focus on the tv.

On my fourth chip the snack starts to taste a bit funny. I couldn't bare the taste anymore and it feels like my body starts to reject it..

I spit it back in the cup immediately and went to the sink to wash the taste out my mouth.

"But that's my favorite." My eyes starts to water and tears begin to fall.

I cry over the sink for about thirty second until I stop.

"That a no nothing fi-" My mouth gets bitter before I could finish talking and before I knew it I was there vomiting my life out in the sink..

When I finally stop... The scent that it's giving off makes me want to start at it again.

I quickly pulled down the faucet and rinse out the sink while constantly pour dish washing liquid in it just for the scent to go away.

"Ok Ashley this could be alot of things" I tried to think about the last time I got my period... But I can't remember..

It seems like such a long time.

But if I am pregnant... Why didn't the doctor say something?..

Them no normally check Dem things deh?.

Ugh. I could really use my phone right now.. I don't know if Gwen has a phone at the moment as well but it can't hurt to try.

Fortunately.. she's one of the few people that I know her phone number from my head.. I picked up the house phone and dial her number.

A male voice answered.. "Hello... Um." What should I say?.. why can't I think straight?

"Who is this." The male said.. and thankfully I recognize the voice..

"Gavin it's Ashley.. mi wa talk to Gwen." I answer.

"Oh..she in the bathroom.. mi will mek she call yuh back.. Kool?"

"Ok."

The call disconnect and I sit on the floor next to telephone. And approximately five minutes after the phone start to to ring.

"Hello." I quickly answer.

"Sorry about that Ash.. was showering.. what's up?"

"Yeah.. um.. can you do something for me.. more like buy something for me tho." I chuckle nervously.

"It depends... Mi na buy no molly or edibles Fi yuh."

Gurl.. not now!

"Ha.. of course not.. I want pregnancy test.." the line went silent for couple seconds until I hear a small squeal.

"Omg!!. Yes yes." She answers excitedly.

"Thanks.. mi deh home yerr.. not the hospital."

She says ok and I disconnected the call.

Should I be happy?

what if it's not really pregnancy?

But do I want it to be?.. would Nick want it to be?

So many questions floods my mind as I sit in the silence..

Nickolas and I never yet have a conversation about children..

And yet all we do is have raw sex like we don't know the possibilities that comes with it.

Maybe him just trust me to be on the pill.. and if I'm being honest I don't remember if I've skipped a day or two..

But if I did and I'm actually pregnant.. nothing would feel more right.

.
.
.
.
..
...

What if she really isn't 🤔

Thanks for reading ❤️

Vote and comment

(⁠/⁠^⁠-⁠^⁠(⁠^⁠ ⁠^⁠*⁠)⁠/