67. Envy

Ashley's POV

Today I'm going to give my mother the news.. I should have been on the road headed to her house right now but Nickolas is still asleep.

And it's now minutes to 10 but it look wicked Fi go wake him up cause he looks so peaceful.... but come on!

I'm the one who is suppose to be tired all the time... Plus my mom always go out on Saturdays so we need to go before she leaves.

"Nickolas." I say in his ears.

And he shifts to the other side without opening his eyes..

Ugh..

Mi give him one hard shove and still nothing.. "alright.." I mumble before I connecting a hard slap on his ass..

"Bomboclat Ashley don't do that again." He shouts, jumping up off the bed.. "Not even say thank you Jesus mi wake up." I laugh.

"Chro.. no do that again chargie.. mi alone Fi do them thing deh to you."

"If yuh did get up Pon mi first call mi wouldn't do it.. go get ready look how long mi wake, bathe and a wait Pon you.. instead yuh laydown in the bed like a you pregnant."

He eyes me and walk to the bathroom and shut it close..

Fool fool like.

I waited another 20 minutes for him to finish bathe and it look like a new skin him a put on.. "A mussi white somebody ya try tun in the bathroom." I shout enough for him to hear.

The door open and he walked out with the towel in his hands.. I watch him walk past while I bite down on my lip.

"Stop pree mi." He says and I giggle and leave the room.. because if I didn't we would probably take longer to leave.

Couple minutes after he comes downstairs with everything then we lock up and go to the garage.

"Nickolas.. weh the house keeper deh?" I ask.. a long time she no come back here.

"She leff the work.. according to her she doesn't feel safe." He replies, opening the door for me to get in..

"Oh."

................

We reach just in time before my mother left and I was even more pleased when I saw my father there...

"Good morning parents." I smile getting inside.. Nick also greeted them and walk in with me.

I ask where is Samantha and they said she's with her baby daddy...

Huh?.. cya understand them two deh.

My father still isn't ok with her being pregnant but he has to just accept it. I call both of them to the living room and take a seat beside Nickolas.

"Ok guys.." I smile nervously and nick hold my hand to calm me. I hand my mother the box and she looks at me a bit confused

I told her to open it and she said ok..

Before she did the door opens and Samantha walked in then Alex follows.

"Morning." They both say and I tellb them to take a seat too.

"Open it now mommy."

She nods then take her time and pull it.

"Bless the lord.." she shouts and run to hug me... "I'm going to be a grandma!!"

 "I'm going to be a grandma!!"

"Yes mommy.. grandma for two." I add when I saw Samantha's face reaction to her statement.

"Congratulations you guys." She hugs Nickolas and he got up to dab my father.

Samantha got up and went upstairs while Alex congratulated both of us and left..

"I'll be back.." I say and follow Sam.

She close the door behind her and I knocked incessantly until she get annoy and open it..

"What was that for?" I ask getting in..

"Really Ashley!? you seriously going to ask me that.. what you expect?" She asks, furious.

"She didn't mean it like that Samantha.. stop gwan so.. the least you could do is be happy for me."

"Just like how you did happy for me?" She fold her hands and raise a brow..

I sigh and shake my head.

this is so different.

" It's not the same thing Samantha!"

"What's so different about it? my baby a mistake and yours isn't?."

"I didn't say that!" I shout.

"But a that you mean."

This girl is getting under my skin she's just twisting my words... But if a never that mi mean.. what did I mean?

"What's happening in here?" My mother opens the door and walk in with my father..

This na go end well.

"Nothing." I say.

"Of course it's something.. you guys are so gloomy and angry when you found out about me now Ashley come with the sane news and all of a sudden it's all sunshine and roses!" She raise her voice at both of them..

"Aye!.. remember who ya talk to." My father gets serious..

"Chris.." my mother eyes him then look back to Samantha with a sigh.

"You're so young Samantha.. your life nuh start yet and you having a baby right now is rather surprising than exciting.. Ashley a big woman ino.. these are the type of things I'm expecting from her.. but either way we are happy for both of you."

"You guys are the worst.. mi ago stay with Alex.. I don't want to be around any of you.. I don't want my baby around any of you!"

What!

"Yuh na leff the yard ino.." my dad chimes in a tone that means it's his way or no way.

Samantha rolls her eyes and I leave the room.

It better mi nay tell them all at once. I go downstairs to Nickolas.. "Everything ok?" He asks.

"No.. let's go." I tell him, while taking up my bags..

He stops me before I leave the room.. "don't leave the house in anger.. tell your parents and sister you're leaving.."

I nod yes and go back upstairs to tell them... My mom walk us out to the car.. "It's alright.. she soon come around.. yuh tell Devan ?" She ask.

"No.. I'm going to call him later."

I know my mother is elated that we are finally getting along.. and so am I, it's good to have a brother you can talk to.

Now it's about time my other sister start talking to me.

. .
. .

We reach back home and wake up.. I fell asleep almost as soon as we drive out.

When we get inside, I call Devan to tell him the news before I forget.

"I'm going out for a bit.. I won't be long... Want anything?" Nickolas asks.

"Yes.. chocolate." I smile

He nods then kiss mi cheek then leave.
.
.
.
.
..
...

Thanks for reading ❣️

Vote and comment

(⁠;⁠^⁠ω⁠^⁠)