38. Improvement

Ashley's POV
9:44pm

"Ashley" I hear somebody calling me.

Devan crosses voice that ino.

Why him even a call mi tho god...

I ignore and continue to scroll on TikTok, until him come around the back where I am sitting and call once more to make sure it's me.

I think..

"Wa yuh wa Devan? Yuh ready Fi continue call mi and Samantha all different type a things? " I ask, without looking up at him...

"Nu badda wid the foolishness, Mi wa talk to yuh."

Talk to meee!? boy bye...

I hiss my teeth and get up, ready to leave my peaceful seat give him..

"Just easy yuh self nu Ash, Mi na come wid nu fuckry, just wa say something to yuh.."

I sigh out loud and lean on the door way.

"I'm listening."

"Kool, Alright.. suh.. mi sorry say mi style unu up like dat.. Mi nu know a wa do mi, and why from mi likkle a so mi treat unu... Especially you. Mi know say mi always a do yuh bad and since Sam born mi do her worst... I know that no amount of apology in the world can make neither of you forgive me for all the times.. but mi just a ask fi forgiveness fi today... Mi Tek wa yuh say into consideration... And mi wa be a better big brother Fi unu... One that you guys can rely on."

Fool him Tek mi fa?

Although I must admit this the first time him ever apologize to mi after he did something wrong.

Either way, mi na go be fool fool and run with this...

"Yuh done?" I ask, unfolding my arms.

He looks at me with determination and I sigh.

Something tell mi him nah guh give up.

Sigh.. what a pain..

"Mi did have a feeling say yuh na go listen to mi so quick, But in due time.." he says, faintly smiling.

"Devan... Yuh not even give mi a good reason as to why yuh treat we so. So until you figure it out, Or you ready fi tell me, I'll be willing to listen to you and show more interest in this matter. now bye.." I turn around and walk inside the house, not waiting for a reply from him..

Walking pass my mother's room, the door is whide open as she wraps her body in blanket. I smiled and close it the door.

I go inside my room, close the door , then flop down on my bed and dial Nick's number. And to my surprise he answers on the second ring..

"Hey baby. " he says, sounding as if he's driving...

"Hey, where are you going?" I ask.

"Home.."

"Oh? " I reply in more of a question.

"Guh breeze off a mi night club Ina old harbor, kev and Gavin did fawod to."

Breeze off how?

"Oh.... that's nice... So um what time will you be able to pick me up tomorrow? " I ask while shifting on my back and putting the phone on speaker.

"10am is good, since as I know you don't get up until around them time deh. I have to go to the office at 12 though so I won't be able to stay with you until in the night. " He replies in a low tone.

"That's ok, see you tomorrow then." I say.

"Yeah.. see you tomorrow.. love you "

"I love you..drive safe" I say then end the call.