59. My rose

Nickolas's POV

"Wa she say?" I ask Kev

"Um..ja mi nay hear wa she say ino." He take the seat beside me. I hope she take heed to the warning this time.

By now Reginald muss hear bout the raid weh gwan so mi know him have eyes Pon mi.

Just nu know a who a him human camera...

Even so mi glad him never Tek advantage of rifle walk absence around the yard... Cause if him did try and attack her while mi did a help out her friend him would a succeed...

Cause the man dem weh deh round her that time a good shooters... But I know they aren't as good as him.

"Yuh Hand ago good?" Kev asks.

"Yeah... The shot was from a low powered weapon... But it go straight through without hitting any major artery.."

"Oh.. that good Den."

"Hmm.."

Normally doctors aren't allowed to treat bullet wounds without officers, But I am who I am for a reason.... This one is off the books.

"Ok Mr. Boothe.. you can leave tonight actually... Just come back for cleaning and check up."

Good...

"I'll be back with a prescription for you."
.......

**10 minutes after**

"Miss you can't-" Someone shouts from outside

"Nickolas!" I look up at Ashley with blood running down her face and my eyes widen.

The fuck a gwan!

She smiles when she see me then run to me.

"Ashley why the hell-" I am cut off by her planting a kiss on my lips.

"Thank God you're alive." She pulls away and look at me, with her smile now fading, her eyes closed slowly and she falls on me.

Wah!

"Ashley!" I shake her but she doesn't wake up... The doctor came in took her from me and I got up off the bed for her..

I grab Kev, leaving the room with him. Then shove him on the wall outside..

"Wah the fuck yuh tell her say!?" I yell looking him dead in the eye.

"Bredda, a exactly wa yuh tell mi Fi say... A that mi say.. leggo ofa mi."

I didn't budge... I searched his eyes for deception "Kevaugh."

"Mi tell her exactly wa yuh tell mi say." I he repeats and after a couple seconds, I let him go and he fixs his shirt.

I step back to open the door but it's closed.. "Open this fuck before mi kick it dung." I shout.

No one answer.

I raised my foot ready to kick it down and Kev pulled me back...

"Easy yuh self... How yuh expect them Fi save her life if yuh in deh a breathe down Dem neck?" He ask.

I feel like I'm not conscious.. my shoulder is bleeding but I feel no pain from it. The only pain I'm feeling is for her..

What happened? Why didn't she listen?

Why shi Suh bloodclaat stubborn!?

I take a seat on the bench infront the room and place my head face down in my palms.

Why yuh cya fucking hear Ashley!!?

.......

**Minutes after**