Chapter 3- Imprisonment

We made a little camp around a nearby forest. Katara, Aang and I were on a raised, grassy plateau. While Sokka was out and about, scavenging for food.

Momo screeches and lands on the plateau as Sokka approaches.

"Great, you're back!" Aang enthusiastically says. "What's for dinner?"

The four of us huddle together as Sokka begins digging out nuts from his sack. "We've got a few options. First; round nuts. And some kind of oval shaped nuts? And some rock-shaped nuts, that might just be rocks." He says tossing it out the bag. "Dig in."

Aang and Katara look at each other then back at Sokka.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm definitely not eating rock nuts."

"Oh," Sokka darts his eyes at me. "You can talk?"

Katara intervenes. "Venus is right. Seriously, what else you got?"

Suddenly, the entire earth quakes. "What was that?"

The quake continues. "It's coming from over there." Aang says pointing to a direction as he and Katara sprint off.

"Shouldn't we run away from huge booms? Not toward them?" Sokka sulks.

I follow the younger kids, while Sokka is close behind me. We hid behind a fallen tree and spy on a young guy bending boulders into the air and punching them into the side of the ravine.

"An earthbender." Katara breathes out.

"Let's go meet him!" Aang exclaims.

"He looks dangerous, so we better approach cautiously." Sokka chimps in.

Suddenly, Katara is a few feet in front of us, excitedly addressing the earthbender. "Hello, there! I'm Katara. What's your name?"

The young boy gasps in surprise, dropping the boulder he was bending to the ground. He flees quickly, bringing down an avalanche of boulders with his bending to block his exit.

We walk over to Katara. "Nice to meet you!" Aang shouts.

"Well, that was rude." I lowly voice.

"I just wanted to say hi." Katara shrugs.

I think for a minute. "Wait, that guy's gotta be running somewhere. Maybe we're near a village."

"And I bet that village has a market." Aang finishes.

"Which means no nuts for dinner!" Katara excitedly jumps.

"Hey," Sokka shouts as we run after the boy. "I worked hard to get those nuts."

We eventually found the village. Katara and I stroll through the mining village's streets, while Aang speaks with a shopkeeper under a terrace.

Katara grasps my arm. "Hey, it's him." She says pointing to the earthbender, who had just entered a shop. "Let's go!"

"Katara, we don't know him." I object but she pulls me in with her.

We enter the shop's front door, somewhat startling the boy. "Hey! You're that kid. Why did you run away before?"

I felt so embarrassed, we are literally harassing him.

The boy turns around as he observe our faces. "Uh..you must have me confused with some other kid."

Aang and Sokka enter the shop. "No, she doesn't. We saw you earthbending."

The boy and a woman beside him gasp in horror at this announcement being revealed and both the door and window to the small shop are promptly slammed shut.