Chapter 22- The Blind Bandit

My friends and I are standing inside a shop. We were gathered around a green bag. Sokka was looking at the bag while pondering. Katara and Momo on her shoulder look at him. Aang sits down, looking the other way and wearing his conical hat.

"It's pricey... but I really do like it."

"Then you should get it," Katara genuinely says. "You deserve something nice."

"I do, don't I?" Katara looks at Sokka with a bored expression. "But no, it's too expensive. I shouldn't."

"All right, then don't."

Katara walks away in boredom. Aang gets up and follows her. Sokka pauses for a moment and goes along, too, his eyes still on the bag.

I look at him and he looks at me. "You're gonna get the bag, aren't you?"

"I'm gonna get it." He smiles in a pleased way.

We walked up to the shopkeeper. "Wait!" Sokka shrieked.

"What?!"

"Your nose ring cuff. I said I'd buy one for you."

I grab the skin of where my nose piercing used to be. "Oh, yeah."

Sokka grabs my arm as we begin searching around in the shop.

"So....are we good?" Sokka hesitatingly asks.

I blink numerous of times. "Uh..yeah. Why wouldn't we be?"

"Oh..." he trails off a bit. "You know...back on Kyoshi Island.."

My lips shaped into an O, but nothing came out.

I twitched a smile remembering the panic attack I had against the tree. "Yeah. W-we're good. We're always good."

Sokka's lips curved into a smile. "Cool."

We eventually found a nose cuff and paid for it, along with Sokka's bag.

When Sokka and I made our way to Katara, she had told us someone had came by with a flyer about an earthbending class, so Aang was there right now to see if he could search for a master.

We all sat outside of the school. Sokka had his head on my shoulder as he had fallen fast asleep. The class was taking a while.

"Hey, Venus?" Katara nervously asks.

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you a question?" The water tribe girl nervously bites her lip.

I turn my attention to her, trying not to move Sokka's head off my shoulder. "Yeah, anything."

Katara clasped her hands together. "Uh...what does it mean when you..." She leaned closer to me, whispering in my ear. "When you bleed out your vagina?"

My eyebrows perked up. Did she just get her first period? Has her grandmother not had this conversation with her before?

I cleared my throat. "Well Katara..." I think for a moment trying to break it down into simpler terms. "it means that when girls get to a certain age, they begin to develop, you know...like your breasts maybe getting bigger or you might grow a few inches. And bleed out our vagina, to let our uterus know that we can produce a child. So every month or so, we bleed out from there." I can't believe I'm having this talk with Sokka sleeping on my shoulder and in front of an earthbending school. "Did..did you get your period?"

Katara shakes her head. "No, I just heard a bunch of girls pass by talking about it."

I nod my head as well. "If you do bleed out your vagina, let me know. I'll help you out."