Chapter 18- The Cave of Two Lover

My shoulder stung, severely but I persevered through the pain.

Sokka said I should continue to hold his hand, just for my pain purposes, if I needed a hand to squeeze....right.

The team, the band of nomads and I were now journeying to the tunnels, Chong had told us about. We trailed along a wide street surrounded by the ruins of a temple.

"How far are we from the tunnel?"

"Actually, it's not just one tunnel." Chong says. "The lovers didn't want anyone to find out about their love, so they built a whole Labyrinth."

Sokka halts in his tracks; in shock. "Labyrinth?"

"Oh, I'm sure we'll figure it out," Chong casually says. We continued walking.

"All you need to do is trust in love... according to the curse." Lily whispers to her husband, but Sokka and I overheard because we were walking in front with them.

Suddenly, Sokka halts once again as everyone in back of us, passes. He flinches in terror. "Curse?!"

I pulled Sokka along with me as we noticed the group had stopped in front of a dark entrance.

"Hey! Hey! We're here!" Chong cheers.

My eyes trail up a inscription on the side of the cave entrance. "What exactly is this curse?"

"The curse says that only those who trust in love can make it through the caves. Otherwise, you'll be trapped in them forever."

"And die." Chong's wife, Lily finished.

Sokka's hand clutched around mine as he looked a bit worried.

"Oh yeah, and die." Chong lightly chuckled. "Hey, I just remembered the rest of that song!" He stands before the entrance and strums his lute, while singing an ominous line in a low voice. "And die!"

"That's it!" Sokka shouts fed up. "There's no way we're going through some cursed hole!"

Moku turns his head to observe gray smoke rising from the horizon, which he proceeds to point at. "Hey, someone's making a big campfire!"

I shake my head, lowering it down. "That's no campfire, Moku."

"It's Fire Nation." Sokka grimly says. "They're tracking us."

Aang turns to Chong making sure he understands. "So all you need to do is trust in love to get through these caves?"

"That is correct, Master Arrowhead." Chong responds.

Aang turns to stare at Katara, who has her back to him. Her clothes and hair sway slightly as a breeze passes by. "We can make it." Aang smiles.

I'm definitely snitching on him to Katara later.

I then began to examine, the Water tribe boy holding my hand. My focus shifted to his tall stature. Since when was Sokka starting to grow a few centimeters?

Could Sokka and I escape the tunnel alive? Do I even like Sokka? Does he even like me? We are so dead, oh, no.

My mind wonders off when Sokka gestures to the cave; somewhat commanding. "Everyone into the hole!"

We all begin to enter the cave. Several Fire Nation tanks rumble across the terrain toward the entrance of the tunnel and pause once they reach the mouth of the cave.

The tanks fire rotating grappling hooks from canisters into the tunnel and release them after a few moments, unleashing a myriad of boulders. Closing off the entrance to the tunnel.