Chapter 38- Sokka's Master

Aang, Katara, Toph, Sokka and I were all watching a meteor shower.

"Wow, this is amazing to watch." Katara awes.

Sokka cuddles up closer to me. "Kind of makes you realize how insignificant we are."

Casually, Toph says. "Eh, you've seen nothing once, you've seen it a thousand times."

I snuggled my face in the crook of Sokka's neck. "It's beautiful."

Sokka turns to look at me. "Just like you."

I smile, holding Sokka closer to me.

We see a big meteor heading for the ground and we all let out gasps of amazement.

"Oh man," Sokka sits up. "You've never not seen anything like this." The others, minus Toph, stand up next to him.

As the meteor flies over our heads, Sokka turns to see the meteor crash nearby.

We jump on Appa to approach where the meteor had crashed. "The fire is gonna destroy that town!"

"Not if we can stop it!" Appa lands next to the crash site. Everyone but Katara jumps off.

Katara jumps onto Appa's head, taking the reins. "There's a creek over here. I'll bend the water onto the fire." She signals Appa to take off.

"Toph," Aang calls out. "Let's make a trench to stop the fire from coming any closer."

"I'll search around the fire and rescue any citizens."

Toph, Aang and I move off. Sokka looks down. "What should I do?"

Momo flies by. Aang slighty pauses, pointing at Momo. "Keep an eye on Momo."

I swat any flames in my path with my fan as I swiftly sprint into the fire, looking for any families in the area. I locate a family and lead them away from the blaze.

I see Aang beginning to use both the water and airbending once I return back to my friends. Sokka walks away as the water overwhelms him. The crash site as the water expands to put out the fire. The dome of water explodes into snow.

Aang watches as Toph walks toward him as Appa and Katara land behind him. "Good work, everybody."

Sokka emerges from the pile of snow. Momo slides across the icy surface.

✼  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉ ✼

The next day, we went into town for breakfast. Aang joins the girls and I at the table.

"Some of these people have no idea how close they were to getting toasted last night."

"Yeah," Toph says, eating her breakfast. "The worst thing about being in disguise is that we don't get the hero worship anymore. I miss the love."

"Boo-hoo," Sokka sits at the edge of the patio from behind, looking back. "Poor heroes." He turns away.

"What's your problem?" Katara asks. "You haven't even touched your smoked sea slug."

"It's just, all you guys can do this awesome bending stuff like putting out forest fires, and flying around and making other stuff fly around. I can't fly around, okay?" Sokka sighs. "I can't do anything."

I made my way over to Sokka and rested my head on his shoulder. "Sokka, you know I can't do any of that, either."

"Yeah," he sighs. "But you're still pretty cool, you're a trained warrior with many skill assists. I don't even know why you like me. I'm nothing."

"That's not true." Katara says. "No one can read a map like you."

"I can't read at all!" Toph adds.

"Yeah, and who keeps us laughing with sarcastic comments all the time?" Aang plays with a strand of Katara's hair. "I mean, look at Katara's hair, right? What's up with that?"