Chapter 7- Bato of the Water Tribe

"Hey, look!" Aang says examining something. "A sword made out of a whale's tooth."

While Aang draws the weapon free from the ground, Sokka slides down the slope and pulls up behind the Avatar, snatching the weapon from his hands as Aang turns to show it to him. "Let me see that."

I walk next to Sokka as we examine the sword together. "This is a water tribe weapon."

"How do you know?"

"Sokka, please. I'm very educated."

Sokka gives me a small smile. He then turns to Aang. "See if you can find anything else."

Aang and Sokka search the wooded area for more weapons. Katara walks toward them. "Did someone lose something?"

Aang who is rummaging through the bushes; somewhat cheerfully. "No, we found something!"

A spearhead lying on the ground beneath a few fallen leaves. Sokka kneels before it, brushes aside the debris and picks up the spearhead, examining it and running his fingers along its point, noticing ash on it. "It's burned."

A tree trunk, scorch marks and sharp cuts running across its bark. "There was a battle! Water Tribe warriors ambushed a group of firebenders."
Sokka turns away from the tree and looks down the slope of the hill seeing a black spot on the ground. "The firebenders fought back, but the warriors drove them down this hill."

Sokka races down a hill along a dirt path, he leaps over a few large rocks in his way and continues forward onto a sandy beach.

Aang is intrigued. "So, then what happened?"

"I don't know," Sokka sadly sighs. "The trail ends here."

I point to the left of me, seeing a boat. "Sokka, look!"

"It's one of our boats!" Sokka exclaims.

"Is this dad's boat?" Katara asks as she and Sokka run toward it.

"No, but it's from his fleet." Sokka strokes the boat, while Aang appears behind them. "Dad was
here. "

That night, we settled down for the night beside the Water Tribe ship.

Aang and Momo were laying on Appa's right paw, all three fast asleep. Katara also drifted off in her sleeping bag.

I noticed Sokka was awake, poking a stick into a blazing campfire, looking worried.

I hesitatingly approach Sokka. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. You should be sleeping right now."

I slightly frown. "Why aren't you sleeping?"

"I-uh. I just miss my dad."

I sadly smile as I make my way onto the log Sokka was sitting on. "I miss mine too."

Sokka shakes his head as he looks away from the fire and towards me with a sad expression on his face. "Oh, V. I'm so sorry. I-I shouldn't have said anything. I'm being so arrogant, at least my father is still alive...I think."

I sweetly smile with my eyes. "Sokka, it's fine really. It's normal to miss your father. Alive or not."

Sokka scoots closer to me as he lays his head on my shoulder. "I'm so glad we kidnapped you from Kyoshi island. I really like you......AS A FRIEND OF COURSE!"

I reciprocate Sokka's action and lay my head on top of his head, slightly. "I'm glad you guys kidnapped me too and yes, Sokka, I like you as a friend as well."

I could hear every breath Sokka was making. "Venus, I-"

Suddenly, there was a strange noise coming from the forest.