Chapter 57- Into the Deep End

As we rode atop the eel hound, Sokka steered it through the water, with Toph and me by his side, heading towards the edge of the Earth Kingdom.

"It's strange to say, but the comet looks beautiful," I remarked.

"Too bad the Fire Lord's about to use it to destroy the world," Toph said solemnly.

Upon arriving at the airship base, we realized that the fleet had just taken off.

"We're too late!" Sokka exclaimed. "The fleet's already taking off!"

"Then we're taking off, too! Where's the closest airship?" Toph asked as she wrapped her arms around my waist.

Sokka pointed to the nearest airship, but before he could finish, Toph used earthbending to launch the three of us towards it. With a swift ascension, we landed on a nearby ship and made our way across the enormous vessel.

On the airship, Sokka, Toph and I had made our way to the main control room.

Sokka backed against the wall. "Shhh..."

Toph approached the metal door and knocked a lovely tune several times before breaking it down. Using metalbending, she created a suit of armor from the door and assaults the astonished crew members. The Fire Nation soldiers launched firebending attacks at her, but she merely dodged them and metalbends various parts of the ship's interior to imprison the crew members. With all the men defeated, Sokka and I peered into the room.

Toph took off her suit of armor, proudly saying, "That's how it's done!"

"Good work, Toph! Time to take control of the ship, take the wheel." Sokka praised.

Sarcastically, Toph replied, "That's a great idea! Let the blind girl steer the giant airship!"

"I was talking to Venus." Sokka clarified.

"That would make a lot more sense." Toph agreed.

Approaching the steering wheel, I asked, "What are we going to do about the rest of the crew?"

"Take us down closer to the water. I've got an idea," Sokka said, grabbing a tube-like speaker. "Attention, crew, this is your captain speaking. Everyone, please report to the bomb bay immediately for hot cakes and sweet cream. We have a very special birthday to celebrate."

I began to steer the ship close to the water, and after a few minutes, we reckoned that the crew members were all probably gathered at the bomb bay.

Holding the lever on the control panel, I waited for a couple more minutes before pulling it, causing all the crew members of the ship to scream and plop into the water below.

Looking through a broken window at Ozai's airship, Sokka said with determination, "Fire Lord Ozai, here we come," as he grabbed the throttle and pushed it forward.

As we chased Fire Lord Ozai's airship, it became clear that catching up to him in time was nearly impossible.

"We're not gonna catch up to him in time," Sokka said sadly.

My heart sank, realizing the dire situation we were in. "No,"

Suddenly, an intense flame erupted from Ozai's airship, creating an enormous fire blast that set the earth below ablaze. I was in awe and fear, witnessing the immense display of fire.