Chapter 40- The Runaway

Toph and Katara are facing each other, each taking a fighting stance.

Aang is tying his headband over his eyes like a blindfold. "Okay. I'm ready for some training."

He turns to face the girls and takes two steps forward in a stance similar to Toph's. Upon impact with the second step, he picks up vibrations from the ground with seismic sense. He quickly dodges three earth pillars that appear out of the ground near him. He hears a water attack coming from Katara and redirects it at her. He quickly launches a boulder at Toph who catches it and stops it.

"Good job, Twinkle Toes. Visualize, then attack."

She launches the boulder back at Aang, who burrows into a hole with earthbending. The boulder instead hits Katara square in the chest, knocking her down. She stands back up and brushes dust off of her.

"Maybe you should take your own advice, Toph!" Katara grimaces.

"What's the matter? Can't handle a little dirt, Madame Fussy-Britches?"

Katara's eyebrow twitches and she glares at Toph with her vein shown on her head before she angrily creates a wave and sends it at Toph, who gets splashed by it and becomes annoyed.

"Oh, sorry. Did I splash you, Mud-Slug?"

As I chew on my fire flakes, I sat there awkwardly and watched everything unfold. Sokka was seated next to me, but he had miraculously vanished.

Katara creates an ice ramp, and Toph creates an earth ramp, both proceeding to head straight for each other. They crash and both of the girls go flying.

"Are we taking a break?" Aang asks.

I spot Sokka who is hiding behind a rock. He evilly smiles at Aang before quickly getting up and charging at him.

Screaming, Sokka shouts. "Sneak Attack!"

Aang, casually and still looking away from Sokka, creates an earth wall, which stops Sokka dead in his tracks. He lowers the wall, which causes Sokka to fall down.

While raising his blindfold, Aang turns to face Sokka. "Sokka, sneak attacks don't work if you yell it out loud."

I turn to see Katara and Toph wrestling in a puddle of mud.

Katara waterbends a stream of mud at Toph, knocking her down. She quickly gets up and earthbends a pillar underneath Katara, which sends her flying toward a wall. She starts running toward Katara, but stops at the last second when they hear Aang.

"Uh guys, I thought we were supposed to be training me."

Katara takes a few steps forward, covered in mud; calmly. "Very well, pupil. I believe we've had enough training for today." She turns and walks away.

"While Katara cleans up." Toph earthbends the mud off of herself and runs toward Aang and Sokka. "let's go have some fun!"

"Yeah!"

"Yes!" The boys cheer. Sokka grabs my arm as he drags me along with them to the city.

Aang, Sokka, Toph and I head to Fire Fountain City. Sokka is carrying his sword horizontally across his shoulders. He looks up and sees messenger hawks flying in and out of a large coop.

"Look at all those messenger hawks! You know, I've been thinking about getting one for myself. That way, I wouldn't have to talk to anyone. I could just send them messages."

I looked up at Sokka, confused. "Why, you don't want to talk to me?"

"Of course, I do, you're the only person I want to talk to."  He said.