Chapter 11- The Meeting

After everything that had ran down in the palace, I made my way towards the igloo where my friends were staying.

"Oh, look who decided to finally show up." Sokka teases.

I wave my hand, dismissing him. "Hey, I wasn't even going to come by."

"How was your day?" Aang asks.

I look around the room, trying to avoid eye contact with everyone possible. "It was interesting.."

"How so?"

"Well.." I trail off. "First off, Yue and I had a little sleepover." I say playing with my braids. "And we uh talked about you...Sokka."

Sokka perks up from his sleeping bag. "Oh, tell me if they were good things? This girl is always sending me mixed signals!"

I lightly shake my head. "Yeah, I was just telling her how great you are."

Sokka's eyes soften. "Really?"

"Yeah." I nod my head. "Really."

"What did you say exactly?"

I roll my eyes in a tint of jealously. Why am I feeling this way, I just told Yue I didn't have feeling for Sokka.

"I told her you were pretty and funny and really smart but quiet stupid at times."

A dark blush crosses along Sokka's face.

"Hey," Katara says tracing a hand around my neck. "What's this?"

I look down at my betrothal necklace.

In the nick of time, a knock is heard on the igloo. "Princess Venus, we have a message for you."

I shut my eyes really hard as I cringe.

"Princess?" The group says bewildered.

The guards enter the igloo as they bow down to me. "Chief Arnook would like to set a meeting about your engagement with Prince Neymar early in the morning, is that alright with you?"

I grind my teeth together. "Uh sure. Tell him I'll be there."

"Yes, princess." The guards say before getting up from the ground and bowing again before leaving.

I begin to rub the sides of my temple. Trying to calm the abnoxious headache I was having.

I turn to the group.

"Care to explain what all that was?" Katara asks with an raised eyebrow.

"T-they're just joking around-"

"Cut the crap, Venus." Sokka curses. "Are you engaged to Prince Neymar?"

I sadly hang my head low. "Yes."

"Unbelievable!"

"Sokka!" Katara growls at her brother. "Let Venus explain, I bet there was a good reason."

I continue to look at the ground. "Go on, Venus." Katara encourages. "Explain."

Aang plops on the ground. "Venus is getting married?" He says a tone of unbelievably.

"I'm not getting married, I'm just engaged."

"For now!" Sokka shrieks. "Venus, this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard."

I furrow my eyebrows. "Can you let me explain?"

Sokka puffs as he bows down to me. "Go ahead, Princess Venus."

I roll my eyes. "Well, you know how close I've been getting with Prince Neymar and..uh...he was telling me how his father wanted him to be engaged soon. And how he has a long list of girls who want to be with Neymar, but Neymar said he had someone else in mind..which is me...So, I kind of agreed to be engaged to him."