Chapter 53- Wait, Is this Fucking Play About Us?

Zuko insisted that we stay at his family house on Ember Island, assuring us it would be the last place anyone would think to look for us. He mentioned that his father hadn't been there since their family was happy, which was a long time ago.

The next morning, Sokka was eager to explore the city and convinced me to join him. I couldn't resist saying no to Sokka, have you seen his Prairie dog eyes?

As Sokka and I strolled hand in hand through the city, we ran errands and I bought new clothing for Suki, who was still in her prison uniform.

Just as we were about to leave, a young boy standing on a stool on a busy street corner caught Sokka's attention. "Catch your ember island players, right here!"

Sokka's ears perked up, and he eagerly pulled me towards the boy. "A play?" he exclaimed, curiosity gleaming in his eyes.

We stood in front of the young boy, and Sokka asked about the flyer. The boy smiled and handed Sokka a flyer. "It's for a play that's opening all this week," he explained. "It's supposed to be really good."

Glancing at the flyer, I noticed the characters on the front cover looked oddly familiar. "That sounds like fun," I said, trying to shake off the feeling. "What's it about?"

The young boy launched into a description of the play, telling us about the characters and the plot.

My jaw dropped as I snatched the flyer from Sokka's hand, scanning it again and reading the description myself. "Wait, is this fucking play about us?" I exclaimed in disbelief.

Before we could get more answers, the boy apologized and hurried off to join a group of teens, sharing the plot of the play with them.

Turning to Sokka, I was completely shocked. "This play is about us. How? When? Why?!"

Sokka shrugged, seemingly unfazed. "I don't know, but I definitely want to watch it." He wrapped his hand around my wrist, pulling me along. "Let's go tell the others!"

With the rolled-up scroll in his hand, Sokka and I made our way back to the Fire Lord's vacation home.

Entering the courtyard, we found everyone already gathered. "Great you're all here!" Sokka exclaimed. "You guys are not gonna believe this! There's a play about us."

"It's true. We were just in town and someone was handing out posters." I added. Sokka showed the poster for the rest of the team. It displayed Katara, Aang, Sokka and I with Zuko's scarred face in the background.

Curiously, everyone moved closer to examine the poster. "What? How is that possible?" Katara questioned.

Toph blankly stared at the poster, so Sokka unintentionally thrusted the poster into her face, so she would be able to have a better look.

"Sokka," I grumbled, elbowing him gently. "She's blind, remember?"

"Oops," he lightly cringed at his forgetfulness.

Sokka turned the poster towards himself. "Listen to this. The Boy in the Iceberg is a new production from acclaimed playwright Pu-on Tim, who scoured the globe gathering information on the Avatar, from the icy South Pole to the heart of Ba Sing Se. His sources include singing nomads, pirates, prisoners of war, and a surprisingly knowledgeable merchant of cabbage."

"And it's brought to you by the critically acclaimed Ember Island Players," I finished the last sentence that Sokka had missed.