Chapter 28- Hope

I felt awful the next morning. My nose was runny and my eyes were puffy, but we had to keep moving.

Sokka immediately walked over to me once he saw me. "Hey."

"Hi." I weakly smiled.

"I'm sorry, I just didn't know what to say or-" I assume he was regarding our argument last night.

I cut him off lightly. "Sokka, it's okay. You don't have to explain yourself. I was just being a little oversensitive and dramatic. I'm sorry as well."

I could see the twinkle in his eyes. "So...we good?"

"We are good."

Sokka let out a sigh of relief. "Oh, thank spirits. I thought I was going to have to bring Suki into this,"

"Suki?" I posed as if I hadn't been listening to their conversation the night before by asking, pretending to be clueless from the mention of her name.

"Yeah." Sokka awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. "Suki and I had a conversation last night; and everything is settled, I don't have feelings for anyone..." he trailed off.

My gaze followed the rocky path we were traveling on. "Oh, you don't?"

"I don't what?"

Without daring to look up at Sokka, my gaze remained fixed on the rocky path. "You..don't have feelings for anyone?"

Even though I wasn't looking at Sokka, I could tell he was smiling from the tone of his voice. "Maybe this one person."

My face began to feel hot. "Oh, do I know her?"

"Pretty well." Sokka teased.

Before, I could reply. I heard an irritated groan from Toph. "Can you two put an end to the flirting and walk more quickly? You're holding us back, walking like turtle ducks."

"Rude." Sokka murmured to himself as we began to increase our walking speed.

As we continue walking down the path, we notice that a section of the pass is below the sea level, and not able to be navigated.

"Everyone single file!" Katara divides the water, allowing everyone to walk through the drowned out path. "Aang, I need help!" Aang helps by creating an air bubble.

Momo's curiosity is aroused by the fish. He dives in the water, only to return back when he sees a large shadow. The rest of us notice. "What is that thing?"

The shadow breaks through the water, breaking the divide, causing the water to fall over us all. Toph quickly uses her earthbending to raise the ground we are standing on above the water.

I embraced Toph in a hug. "My little life savor." Surprisingly Toph gave in and let me hug her.

The shadow suddenly transforms into a massive serpent, and it shrieks as it emerges from the water.

"I think I just figured out why they call it the Serpent's Pass!" Sokka cries. "Venus, Suki, you two know about giant sea monsters, make it go away!"

Suki strikes Sokka with rage "Just because I live near the unagi doesn't mean I'm an expert!"

Sokka hurries and picks up Momo. "Oh great and powerful sea serpent, please accept this humble and tasty offering. Thank you."

𝕍𝕖𝕟𝕦𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕂𝕪𝕠𝕤𝕙𝕚 𝕎𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕚𝕠𝕣: 𝕊𝕠𝕜𝕜𝕒 𝕩 𝕆𝕔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara