Chapter 29- The Drill

Suki had eventually left after our twenty minute, cry session. I hope she's gets back to the other girls safely.

But, my friends and I were still escorting Than and his family to the city.

Suddenly, Aang appears, flying in on his glider with Momo behind him. He lands, Momo perched on his shoulder.

"Aang, what are you doing here?" Katara asked, surprised, "I thought you were looking for Appa."

"I was, but something stopped me. Something big."

Aang took us to the base of the Outer Wall where he and Toph use earthbending to transport everyone up the wall.

Sokka had his arms crossed as he spoke. "Now what's so big that Appa has to wait?"

"That." We look over to a ginormous drill, drilling its way over to the Ba Sing Se wall.

We arrive at the top of the Outer Wall.

"We made it to Ba Sing Se and we're still not safe. No one is!" Ying desperately cries as she huddles with her family members.

"What are you people doing here?" We all turn to two earthbender guards. "Civilians aren't allowed on the wall!"

"I'm the Avatar." Aang steps over with his staff in his hand. "Take me to whoever is in charge."

My friends and I were taken to a portion of the Outer Wall where a roof rises overhead, supported by tall arches. An Earth Kingdom general sits behind a desk.

"It is an honor to welcome you to the Outer Wall, young Avatar," the general happily said, "but your help is not needed."

"Not needed?" Aang almost shouted.

"Not needed." The General calmly says. "I have the situation under control." The general stands up as we follow him to the outer area of the wall, where we can see the drill from below. "I assure you the Fire Nation cannot penetrate this wall. Many have tried to break through it, but none have succeeded."

"What about the Dragon of the West?" Toph asks. "He got in."

"Dragon of the who now?" I whisper.

"Zuko's uncle."

"Zuko's what?!"

"Are you deaf?" Toph murmurs. "We've got a deaf and blind girl on the team. We're screwed!"

I rolled my eyes, shoving her into Sokka.

General Sung is lightly taken aback from Toph's question. "Well ... uh, technically yes, but he was quickly expunged." The General says confidently. "Nevertheless, that is why the city is named Ba Sing Se. It's the impenetrable city. They don't call it Na Sing Se." He laughs, but subsequently turns serious. "That means penetrable city."

I smile sheepishly. "Yeah, thanks for the tour, but we still got the drill problem."

"Not for long." The General said. "To stop it, I've sent an elite platoon of earthbenders called the Terra Team."

"That's a good group name." Sokka places a hand on his chin. "Very catchy."

I place my hand over the wall as I look at the terra team below trying to stop the metal drill. Terra Team is launching their assault on the Fire Nation drill. They manage to overthrow one tank and get closer to the drill.

The earthbenders wedge large earth spikes into the metal shell of the drill to halt it. However, the drill's segments separate, reducing the columns to crumbles.

The Terra Team narrowly manages to conjure earth shields to defend themselves against an assault of flying daggers hurled by Mai. She and Ty Lee (not surprised they're here) are sliding down the shell of the drill.