Chapter 10- Water Tribe Sleepover

"-and that's how I became a Kyoshi warrior." I finish telling Yue as I was braiding her beautiful hair into a long braid.

"Oh my spirits," Yue gasps. "That's so cool. I wish I was able to fight like you."

I murmur as I had an elastic in between my teeth. "I can teach you if you want. A princess should know how to defend herself."

Yue lifts her shoulders in excitement. "That's so kind of you."

I take the elastic out of my mouth and tie the end of Yue's braid. "All done."

Yue jolts up from the floor as she goes to check her hair out in the dressing mirror. "I love it. Thank you."

"It's no problem." I wave my hand. "I used to braid and do everyone's makeup back on Kyoshi island."

Yue smiles as she gestures me down so she could braid my hair.

I sit on her cold floor, crossing my legs together.

She parts my hair in two. "So you and my brother, huh?" Yue teases.

My eyes widen. "Yeah.."

"You like him." Yue laughs, as she grips my hair and starts to braid.

"Just a tiny little bit."

"Why just a tiny bit?" Yue giggles.

My mind starts to wonder to Jet. "Um, a month or so ago, I broke up with my ex who I've been dating for years. Turns out he wasn't a good person." I anxiously twirl my fingers together.

Yue stops braiding as she leans her head forward to look at me. I tilt my head up. "I'm so sorry, Venus. It's hard letting go of something or someone you feel deep love for."

My eyes began to whelm up in tears as one slipped out. I quickly brushed it away and cleared my throat. "Enough about me. What's up with you and Sokka?"

Even though I couldn't see Yue's face, I knew she was blushing madly. "He's nice..."

"And..."

"Cute."

"And...."

"Funny."

"And....."

"Venus!"

I laugh. "I'm sorry. But that's what you get for teasing me with your brother."

Yue finished half of my french braid. "You got me there."

I turn around as I'm now facing her. "Sokka's, a really nice guy, so please don't hurt him. Whatever is going on with you and your fiancé. You should figure it out before you drag Sokka into the relationship. It isn't fair to him."

Yue sighs as she lightly frowns. "Sokka was right about you."

I perk up. "What do you mean?"

Yue spins me around as she works on the other side of my hair. "He just has really nice things to say about you. He said you were really pretty. I knew that of course. But not just that, he said you were intelligent and courages and funny, but no one seemed to notice but him. I kind of got jealous when he was describing you."

Thank spirits, I was turned away from Yue because my cheeks were so warm, I think my face must have been redder than the scar on Zuko's face.

"At first I thought he was exaggerating, but then I got to know you and you really are all those things." Yue let's out a large exhale. "Do you think Sokka likes you?"

Oop, the question of the day.

My eyes scan around the room like I'm analyzing something. "Ppft," I laugh. "I don't think so. I don't think Sokka and I are a good match."