Chapter 34-Daddy Hakoda

As we approached closer to the bay, I began to feel nauseous. Was Hakoda going to like me? Was I going to like him? Did Bato tell him I was an addict? Because I've worked on that.

"You haven't seen your dad in over two years." Aang said to Sokka. "You must be so excited!"

I turned to Sokka who looked almost as sick as I felt. Almost throwing up he says. "I know I should be, but, I just feel sick to my stomach." He holds his stomach.

"Don't be nervous. He's going to be so happy to see you...and Venus!" Aang puts his hand on Sokka's shoulder who smiles.

"So what about you?" Sokka asked. "Are you nervous to meet this guru?"

"Not at all. I'm ready to master the Avatar State. I'll do whatever it takes." Sokka and I get off Appa. "See you in a week. Bye Venus! Yip yip!"

I wave a goodbye to Aang as he and Appa fly off into the sky.

From above the cliff where Aang had dropped Sokka and me, I could see a group of water trivets with their camp set up and boats in the water in the distance.

I looked over to my boyfriend. "I'm nervous, Sokka."

"You're nervous?" Sokka voice got higher. "I'm nervous!"

"We are just a nervous wreck." To show Sokka my underarms, I raised my arm up. "Can you see that I'm sweating through my clothes?"

Sokka examined my pits. "No, you're good."

I brushed some of my hair behind my ears that fell in front of my face. "Let's go." I grabbed Sokka's hand locking it with mine.

Sokka and I heaved a sigh as we began to walk
towards the Water Tribe ships and campsite that sat in the center of the bay.

As we make our way to camp, men in blue uniforms look at Sokka and me. I held Sokka's hand tightly because all the stares made me feel uneasy.

A man suddenly approaches Sokka, and a few more men surround us. They examine one another before greeting Sokka warmly. "Sokka, good to see you." The warriors all chuckled happily, patting Sokka's head and analyzing him closely due to the length of time they hadn't seen him for.

"You know em' all?" I murmured to Sokka.

"Yeah, they're all the men that left the South for war a few years ago."

Sokka looks and sees the main tent. Hoping it's his father, Sokka walks towards it as I follow close behind.

Inside, a man, is looking at a map with more warriors, I recognized Bato, now with scars on his arm. Bato nudges the man beside him and he becomes happy upon seeing Sokka.

"Sokka." The man chuckled.

"Hi, dad." Sokka breathed out.

Sokka's father approached him, welcoming Sokka in his arms. Sokka nuzzled his face in his dad's chest.

The cute interaction between Sokka and his father made me smile. I was a bit envious, but more saddened that I never got the opportunity to interact with my father in that way since he passed.

After releasing him, Sokka's father grabbed his son by the shoulder. "Son, aren't you going to introduce me to your lady friend?"

"Oh, dad." Sokka made his way over to me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and bringing me closer to him. "This is Venus...my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?" The man smiled a bit surprised, but extended his hand to me. "Hello, Venus. I am Hakoda, Sokka and Katara's father. I've heard so much about you. Mainly by Bato."