Chapter 50- The Boiling Rock, Part 2

Sokka insisted that I remain in Zuko's cell until he returned for me as he went to meet with his father.

As Zuko and I walked toward his cell, Suki entered her own cell.

"So," Zuko said awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck. "You're dating Sokka, huh?"

"Yup." I replied popping the p.

Zuko chuckled lightly. "When he mentioned having a girlfriend, I thought he was joking."

I half-smiled. Zuko didn't seem as bad anymore; maybe he had truly changed.

A guard interrupted Zuko and me just as we were about to enter his cell. "Hey, why are you two going into a cell together?"

"Huh..." Zuko stumbled for a response.

My arms went around Zuko's waist. "A girl has her needs. You know, how hard it gets in these prison walls, you just need somebody who you can unwind with."

"Ohh!" The guard smirked mischievously. "I see, I see. Well, I'll leave you two to do your thing and release some stress." He chuckled as he walked away. "Teenagers."

I forced a fake smile. "Thanks." Then, I took hold of Zuko's collar and led him into his cell.

With a sigh of relief, I said, "Sorry about that, but it was the only idea that came to mind."

"It's okay," Zuko shrugged, unfazed. "I mean, it worked."

At first, there was some awkwardness between Zuko and me, but we soon grew comfortable and started conversing. He opened up to me quickly, sharing everything about his father, his banishment, and his relationship with him.

I also shared my own struggles, including my addiction, depression, and past childhood trauma.

In a way, we bonded over our shared experiences of difficult childhoods.

"-Wait, so you were engaged to the Prince of the Northern Water Tribe?!"

I felt flustered. "Yeah, but it was like for a week or something, I can't remember. Nothing serious."

Zuko chuckled. "How did Sokka react to that?"

"Oh, he was furious," I tried to recall his exact words. "Venus, how can you marry someone you barely know? Blah blah blah. You don't know his intentions!"

Suddenly, the slit in the cell doorway was peered open.

"What's all that laughing and giggling in there?" Sokka questioned, startling us.

Zuko walked over to the slit inside the cell. "It's just Venus and me. What's up?"

"I just got done talking to my dad. We came up with an escape plan together."

"What are you doing here?" a voice from outside the cell asked, startling Sokka.

"I was just telling this dirty lowlife what I think of him!" Sokka exclaimed.

"Well, you'll have to do that later. He's coming with us."

My eyes widened as I pondered ways to escape Zuko's prison cell without being noticed.

Sokka was puzzled. "Why?"

The female guard grew irritated. "Because we have orders straight from the warden, that's why!"

"Could I just get ten more seconds to rough him up a bit?" Sokka asked.

"Fine, ten seconds."

Sokka entered the cell, giving me a big smile. I smiled back and handed Zuko a pillow, which he held up to his stomach while Sokka pretended to punch it. Zuko let out a few mock painful shouts.