Chapter 19- Return to Omashu

The sky is bright blue as the sun shines down. The Earth Kingdom city of Omashu having been captured by the Fire Nation. A bold red flag bearing the Fire Nation insignia is proudly hung; gray plumes of smoke fill the air surrounding the fallen city.

Aang views the city. "I can't believe it." He says in a somewhat shocked tone, "I know the War has spread, but Omashu always seemed...untouchable."

"Up until now it was." Sokka crosses his arms over chest. "Now Ba Sing Se is the only great Earth Kingdom stronghold left."

The entire group stood at the cliff side overlooking the city. "This is horrible," I mumur.

"It is," Katara agrees with me and hesitantly approached Aang, "but we have to move on."

"No," the Avatar replies. "I'm going in to find Bumi."

"Aang, stop. We don't even know if Bumi's still..." Sokka trailes off not wanting to finish his sentence.

Aang turns to Sokka angrily. "What? If he's still what?"

"A-around." Sokka unsurly says.

"I know you had your heart set on Bumi, but there are other people who can teach you earthbending." Katara says.

"It's not about finding an earthbending teacher," I lowly murmur. "It's about finding his friend."

Aang gives me a kind smile as he nods his head, like I had read his mind.

✼  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉ ✼

Below Omashu's gate, Aang is attempting to open an entrance to some type of sewer.

The siblings and I wore cloaks to cover ourselves up.

"A secret passage?" Sokka shrieks. "Why didn't we just use this last time?"

Aang opens the tunnel, revealing it to be filled with sewage.

"Ugh!" Sokka and I both groan in disgust.

"Does that answer your question?" Aang asked, running into the tunnel.

"Ew!" Sokka covered his hand over his mouth in attempt to not throw up.

In an effort to avoid smelling the sewer, I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose.

We all proceed through the tunnel to the inside of Omashu. Aang conjures an air ball with his staff to clear the path while Katara uses waterbending to maneuver the sewage carefully around her and I. Sokka, on the other hand, is continually soaked in the foul substances. Poor guy :((

After a while, we made to a stop. Aang popped the lid open as we climbed out the tunnel, ending up near a pitch-black area of the city.

"That wasn't as bad as I thought." Katara smiles.

A monster emerges from the sewer. I shriek grabbing a stick nearby that was laying on the ground. Whacking the sewage monster, as they cried for help, falling to the ground.

"V-V-VVenus, whyyy?!"

I stopped the stick mid air from smashing it against the monster's skull. "Sokka?"

Katara giggles spotting water nearby and splashing Sokka with it using waterbending to wash off the sewage followed by Aang who uses airbending to dry him off.

I drop the stick on the ground as I kneel over Sokka, who cried in pain. "Oh, no. I'm so sorry, Sokka. I thought you were a monster."