Chapter 21- Avatar Day

During the night, we had found a forest in the middle of the coast. We made camp there, but when I woke up to Sokka's screaming. I noticed we were flying up in the air.

"What's going on? Why are we flying away?"

"Venus, you are unbelievable!" Sokka screamed pointing his finger in my face.

"What did I do?" I ask genuinely confused.

"At the campsite we were attacked by men riding rhinos and Sokka tried to wake you up, but you wouldn't budge." Katara answers. "So he picked you up and brought you on Appa, but he left his boomerang in the process, and it was too late for him to retrieve it."

I turned my head over to the saddened water tribe boy. "You saved me over your boomerang?"

I could tell the boy was quite sad. His knees were drawn close to his chest, and he had his arms around them.

I felt horrible. I know how much he adores his boomerang.

We flew silently in the air. No one dared to make a sound.

It was now daylight and the sun has risen. We spotted a small village at the edge of a cliff, surrounded by open, green fields. Appa landed nearby a small, wooden house.

Katara was purchasing a few supplies before we would take off on Appa.

Sokka sits on the ground in a gloomy mood.

"Sorry about your boomerang," Aang says to a sulking Sokka.

"I feel like I've lost part of my identity." Sokka jumps up and moves Aang's hat slightly so that he can point at Aang's arrow. "Imagine if you lost your arrow, or Katara lost her..." Sokka makes a hair loopies gesture with a somewhat bored look. "hair loopies." He turned to me with sadness in his eyes.

He was making me feel terrible, I have never seen him so sad like this before.

He slowly saunters over to the stall, where Katara gives him a loving hug in order to comfort him before holding her hands in front of herself while smiling lovely at Sokka.

"Here's your produce, ponytail guy." The merchant says.

Sokka picks up the basket full of supplies, looking dejected at the nickname. "I used to be boomerang guy..."

I poke my bottom lip out as the boy falls to the ground and begins to ball his eyes out.

I walk closer to him and kneel beside him. "Sokka, I'm sorry."

He looked up from the ground to look into my eyes. But they were shut as tears streamed down his cheeks.

I felt like I was going to cry myself. "Sokka..I'm sorry- I'm so sorry that I didn't wake up when you tried to wake me up. I haven't been feeling like myself since the swamp. I've been a little down, so I guess I needed that sleep, but maybe it was too deep." At this point, tears were streaming down my face. I trailed off a little, "I know how much you love your boomerang, and you saving me first instead of boomerang....really means a lot to me. I just wish you left me there instead of boomerang."

Sokka immediately grabbed my hand and held it right with his own, widening his eyes. "Venus, I know, I'm upset and being a bit dramtic about losing my boomerang, but I would take you over boomerang any day. You mean a lot to me."

My lips slightly quivered. "I do?"

Sokka reached out his hand and placed the palm of it on my cheek as his thumb whipped away my tears. "Yeah, don't cry. I hate to see you cry."

I leaned in wrapping my arms around Sokka's neck and leaning my body into his.

Sokka arms immediately snaked down my waist as he squeezed me tight.