Chapter 9- The North Pole

It had been days of flying, and everyone was exhausted and irritated.

Sokka hangs lazily over the back of Appa's saddle; grump-idly. "I'm not one to complain," Appa was flying just above the water. "but can't Appa fly any higher?"

Aang quickly turns his back to scold Sokka. "I have an idea. Why don't we all get on your back and you can fly us to the North Pole?!"

Sokka looks over his shoulder; sarcastically. "I'd love to." He points to his back. "Climb on everyone," he shakes his rear. "Sokka's ready for take off."

I urged myself not to just jump onto his back, but I restrained myself. Momo beat me to it anyways.

Katara waves her hands up and down while shifting looks between Aang and Sokka. "Look, we're all just a little tired and cranky because we've been flying for two days straight."

Momo is now on Sokka's lap. "And for what? We can't even find the Northern Water Tribe." I poke my head out of the saddle, Appa was floating along a vast ocean of only water and ice. "There's nothing up here."

I laid down on my head in boredom, letting it rest on my hands. I look up in wonder when a slushing sound is heard.

The water in front of Appa suddenly rises and solidifies to ice spikes.

Aang screams in fright, his eyes wide in horror, as he violently yanks the reins to the right in an attempt to avoid the sudden obstacle.

Appa is growling and turning, while the siblings and I yell in fear as we hold on for dear life to the sides of the saddle.

Appa, who is swerving, suddenly shoots up as another ice spike manifests right in from of him. But  he was not quick enough, and part of the ice attaches itself to his leg, freezing instantly. His momentum causes the ice to break, but he is thrown off balance and catapulted away.

Appa spirals before he's shot down, landing into the water, throwing it up high. As he turns upright again, the water around him instantly freezes, and he is locked in place.

Water Tribe boats appear, each carrying several waterbenders, as they surrounded us.

Katara looks around surprised, but happily. "They're waterbenders! We found the Water Tribe!"

After talking to the waterbenders they escorted us  to Agna Qel'a. The magnificent wall of the city comes into view much to everyone's amazement.

Aang points excitedly to the wall. "There it is!"

"The Northern Water Tribe." Katara and I both breathe out as we playfully shove each other with our shoulder.

Sokka turns his head to look at me. "We're finally here."

A portion of the icy wall is lowered, allowing us to enter into the city. Canal workers use waterbending to transport us into the city.

"I can't believe how many waterbenders live up here!" Katara says fascinated.

"We'll find a master to teach us, no problem." Aang says to Katara.

We pass through the channels of the city, catching the attention of several civilians who run over to spectate us. Aang waves happily at the people. As we continue our trek inward.