Chapter 52- Don't Go Into the Tent

Early in the morning, I was awakened by a deafening explosion that shook the temple as if a bomb had gone off. Glancing around, I noticed everyone was wide awake, likely startled by the blast as well.

Another bomb hurtled through the air and crashed into a nearby bridge. Aang made his way back to the site, followed closely by Appa. Using his airbending, Aang forces the large, ceiling-high metal doors surrounding our site to close.

Despite Aang's efforts, more bombs relentlessly pummeled the temple. As the ceiling began to crumble, a section collapsed, with Katara unknowingly standing beneath it. In a moment of alarm, Zuko swiftly pushed her out of the way.

"We can't even sleep in peace!" I exclaimed, hastily gathering The Duke and wheeling Teo to safety.

Toph and Haru took charge, utilizing their earthbending skills to create an exit through the wall.

Toph pointed to the newly formed passageway. "Come on! We can get out through here!"

One by one, we quickly entered the tunnel. However, Aang remained behind, desperately attempting to coax Appa into leaving by tugging on the bison's reins. Aang noticed Zuko standing defiantly, facing the incoming airships.

Aang shouted to Zuko, filled with concern, "What are you doing?"

"Go ahead! I'll hold them off. I think this is a family visit." Zuko replied, dashing away.

"Zuko, no!" Sokka and Katara ran up to Aang.

"Come on!" Sokka urged. "We've gotta get out of here!"

Aang, Katara, and Sokka began together, pulling on the reins in an effort to guide Appa. The doors of the building continued to crumble, destroying the temple.

The trio continue to struggle, urging Appa into the tunnel.

"I can't get him to go in there!" Aang said. "Appa hates tunnels!"

"Aang, there's no way we can fly out of here." Katara shouted.

"We'll have to find a way!"

"We need to split up." Sokka suggested to the others. "Take the tunnel and get to the stolen airship."

Katara turned around and suddenly grew angry. "No!" She walked up to her father. "The Fire Nation can't separate our family again!"

"It'll be okay." Hakoda reassured her. "It's not forever."

Katara hesitated for a moment, then hugged her dad tightly before returning to Aang. Sokka and Hakoda shared a hug, and Hakoda also embraced me. Afterward, I grabbed Suki's hand before joining the others as we leapt onto Appa. The two groups departed in different directions.

Toph examined the wall. "I can clear that away and we can fly out through there!"

"Um, there's an awful lot of fire in that general direction..." Suki said.

"We'll get through. Let's go." Aang declared.

Appa flied through to the outside of the temple, covered by a shield of rock in front. Azula tried to bring him down, only for the shield to absorb the blasts. Appa escaped and the shield disintegrates.

Behind Azula, a second airship rises, revealing Zuko getting onto another airship. The gang and I intensely watched as the royal siblings faced off.

Appa dodges fire blasts coming his way as Katara deflected several large whips of fire with her waterbending. We rose above the airship to avoid more fire.

Azula and Zuko were evenly matched until they both hit each other with fire-packed punches, launching them both off the airship. Zuko is caught by Katara, but Azula is left falling.