| Will there be a happy ending? | Pt.1

Levi stood in the shower with his head low. His eyes stared at the floor as he thought of one thing.
The dream he had. He dreamt of something in particular, but a lot of it is blurry. Though he can remember only a little bit, which left him thinking deeply about it when he awoke. As much as he tries to remember all of it, he can only recall a small part. Which was Eren with tears running down his face while holding a sad smile. Tears were falling from the ravens face as well, but he didn't know why he was crying. Soon after, everything went black. And he woke up with tears streaming down his face and marks of his nails that had been dug into the palm of his hand.

He felt broken. But he didn't know why. Not knowing what to do, he attempted to shrug it off. But it would always end up back in his head.

Levi sighed and finished his quick shower. He turned off the water and walked out of the shower before grabbing a towel and holding it in his hand. He opened the door and walked out bare, making Eren who was sitting on the bed stare at him. They locked eyes and remained silent for a few seconds until Eren spoke.

Eren : Didn't bother to wake me up?

Levi : You have work later. I wanted to let you sleep in.

E : How sweet~

Eren purred and smiled while his gaze roamed Levi's body. From his wet dripping hair to his glistening pale skin, and even the water dripping off from his flaccid groin. Shamelessly, he hummed loudly in content. He loves what he's looking at.

Levi knew exactly what Eren was doing, it happens far too much. But nonetheless, Eren somehow manages to make him a little flustered with his burning gaze. So quickly, he wrapped the towel around his waist and watched as Eren abruptly stood up.

E : You're cute.

Eren quickly walked into bathroom and in the shower and turned on the water before returning back to Levi, hugging him from behind. He placed multiple kisses on his neck and held him tightly from his waist. Levi hummed in content and tilted his head to give Eren better access. The brunette happily and eagerly pleased his lover. His hands didn't stay put, they started to roam Levi's wet body. And right when he was about to turn the raven around to please him even better, fog coming from the bathroom caught Eren's eye and made him withdraw.

E : Shit, one second.

Before Eren was out of sight, Levi frowned and spoke.

L : Just shower. We'll continue this later, I guess.

Eren turned his head and smiled, Levi's frown completely going unnoticed.

E : Oh okay. I love you!

Levi didn't reply, so the brunette walked into the bathroom and closed the door. Guilt was shortly washing over Levi. Why didn't he respond? It's likely Eren didn't take it to heart, but still. It isn't like Levi to not respond to those three meaningful words. Words that are used too often but have so much significance to them.

L : God, I'm such an idiot.

______

Only wearing a white shirt and boxers, Levi continued to dry his hair with his towel. As soon as he heard the water stop in the shower, he quickly and patiently waited for Eren to come out. It wasn't a long wait. Within two minutes, Eren opened the door and was instantly met with a pair of soft lips against his. He didn't hesitate to kiss back and wrap an arm around the smaller males waist. Though like always, he deepened the kiss and made his lover submit to him easily. With his knee now in between the ravens legs and softly grinding against his groin, Eren broke the kiss in amusement as he watched Levi let out low but audible noises only Eren can hear. The more Eren grounded his knee against Levi's hardening dick, the more his lover responded by buckling his hips and rubbing himself onto him.

The way Levi moved so seductively, so swiftly and smoothly, he couldn't help but grab Levi's chin and move his head up. Their eyes locked and in a slow manner, Eren leaned close to Levi's face. Their lips were only a few inches apart, yet they never met. They halted their actions as soon as they heard multiple loud knocks at their door. And a familiar voice shouting.

Hange : ERENN! YOU AWAKE? I HAVE SOME EXCITING NEWS!

E : Uh—Yes! I'm awake! What is it?

H : I'M GONNA BE ABLE TO TEST YOUR TITAN ABILITIES AGAIN!

E : ...

L : ...

The silence was loud.
Eren was shocked, Hange was waiting for a response, and Levi...Levi was brought back to reality. He had completely forgotten about his lovers ability. Often, he'd wonder why the markings left by him on Eren's neck would be gone within minutes. And somehow, he never remembered about Eren's ability. Yet he never questioned him either.
It was always shrugged off by him.
He thought nothing of it.
And at that very moment,
something hit him.
And it hit him hard.
How many years does
Eren have again?
3?

E : We're doing this today?

H : YEP! HURRY!!

E : Does it have to be right now?

H : YEAH! COME ON, HURRY!

E : Okay! I just got out of the shower, let me change!

H : I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOU OUT HERE!

E : Got it!

Eren turned his attention toward Levi and gave him a sad-nervous smile.

E : I'm sorry, can we continue this later?

L : ..That's fine.

E : Are you okay? You don't look so good..Are you sick?

L : Huh? I'm fine. I feel okay. No need to worry.

Levi spoke neutrally. His face remained expressionless, but his head and heart were aching. It took everything within him to not let his voice waver. To not let a single hint of sadness come out of him. The mood between them wasn't awkward, but it was a bit tense because of the silence and the sudden reminder of Eren's titan ability. And Levi didn't want to make it worse. He didn't want to make the strange tension shift into something sad.

Eren seemed to fall for the answer as he nodded and put on his clothes. A small peck was placed on Levi's head after Eren barely finished putting on his last layer of clothing. With both his hands, he held Levi's face gently and stared directly into elegant blue-gray eyes.

E : I love you.

Another peck was placed on Levi's face, but instead it was on the mouth. Eren had let go of the male and was now at the door, turning the doorknob slowly, expecting to hear some sort of reply back. But he never did. Nothing came out of Levi's mouth. Not even a "I love you too" and as Eren walked out of the room, his heart clenched as he closed the door, leaving Levi alone. Because of that, he knew something was wrong. And he wanted to fix it. But he couldn't. Because he knew Levi needed some space.

The raven sat on the bed with his knees up to his chest. His head was clouding with unpleasant thoughts. The thought of Eren dying shattered everything within him. If he's honest, he doesn't think he'd be able to move on. He'd be stuck. As if he'd commit suicide just to reunite with Eren, again. But then, if he and Eren had a child, what would he do? He'd have to raise them alone. He'd have to live on, for the sake of the child. But fucking how? How will he do that? He can't. It's impossible. Eren is the reason he's still going, Eren is his purpose of living.

And if he isn't around, then why should he be?

.