| Pregnancy 06 | Date (SHORT)

[ Levi's P.O.V. ]

After finishing my check-up at the doctor's, I headed back with Eren to the car. We were told everything looks good, and the doctor was kind enough to explain what I should be looking forward to since I've now started my second trimester. He also told me by the end of my 14th week, my child will have a genital, though as he told me a while back, I should wait until 18 weeks for more accurate results.

That excited me. I'm a month away from finding out my child's gender. One month away. It's unbelievable. And when I looked at Eren after hearing that information, his eyes beamed brightly like they always do when he's happy. And the smile on his face was as large as ever, showing off his pearly whites.

We sat in the car with our seatbelts already safely on. Eren turned on the car but before proceeding to drive, he turned his head toward my direction.

Eren : Since we're already out here, want to go on a little date?

He inquired with a smile. I was surprised at his sudden question but was quick to think. Although both my head and feet faintly ache, it's not often that we go on dates anymore. And I know that as soon as he gets back to work, It'll be hard to do stuff like this again. Especially as my stomach gets bigger, I'll have to lay low for a while. So, why not take the opportunity?

Levi : Sure.

I replied with the corner of my lips slowly rising and turning into a small smile.

E : Alrighty then!

He spoke happily and proceeded to put the car in reverse and start backing out of the parking lot.

✎﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Hand in hand, both Eren and I walked down the street of the Blvd. Around us were Halloween decorations. It looked like some sort of festival in a way, but on a long street. Every store was also decorated, and there were signs of a said-to-come-soon event that will only be available on Halloween. Eren seemed interested, but of course, a kid like him would be into all that stuff. We continued to walk by the stores, simply staring off at the unique decor that each store has.

That was until Eren stopped walking and kept his gaze locked on one particular store. A bakery. The art on the glass walls of the bakery consisted of pumpkins, bats, skeletons, zombies, demons, and desserts. Outside of the store stood a menu of what they had, and that was what caught Eren's attention. He had bent down to read the menu, and I did too, interested in what grabbed his attention so suddenly.

I read the menu from top to bottom, and god, did the description of each of those pastries leave me hungry for something sweet. I turned to look at Eren who was practically salivating with his eyes. It was funny, to say the least, he truly looked like a dog that is eyeing a whole buffet in front of him. I stood up straight and had to forcefully make Eren do the same. His eyes that were locked on the menu then shifted to me.

E : Levi. I-I have to try one. Did you read that?! It sounds so good!!

I chuckled and nodded.

L : Then let's get some.

E : Some you say? More than one?

L : You act like I'm the one who strictly makes healthy meals every day and rarely consumes any sweets. That's all you, so if you want to have some  dessert, then let's get some. You deserve it anyway.

Eren hummed and flicked his gaze back on the menu, then back onto me.

E : Fine! It doesn't hurt to cheat once in a while.

I laughed and dragged him into the bakery.

I came out with a decent-sized brown bag that contained a large brownie with a gravestone, edible tiny rocks made out of chocolate, and an edible hand sticking out of it while Eren came out with another decent-sized brown bag that contained many macaroons with pumpkin-faced prints on each one of them.

Once we left the bakery, we found a small lonely park that was nearby and sat on the benches. Beside us was a little pond with fish and around us was pure nature. We chatted, ate our desserts, and washed it all down with a cold water bottle that I didn't realize I had in my large pocket. After that, we sat in silence.

My head rested on Eren's shoulder, and his head rested on top of mine. Our hands remained firmly intertwined as we admired the beauty of the place. From the sight to the smell and the little noises of birds, fishes, squirrels even. Everything felt so nostalgic. So unreal. Like a dream.

The sage green leaves on the trees would flow to the side every time the wind blew on them. The grass below us would do the same, and the noises of it all was calming. The sun lit up a particular spot in the small park, which was in front of us. Nothing special was there, just grass, a gorgeous large tree, and a few rocks. Yet that sight was nothing like I had seen before.

This place wasn't like the other parks I have been to before. It felt, looked, and smelled so uniquely, so different that it left some strange effect on me. It feels as if I'm where I belong in life. I'm with Eren, and I have a child inside me. That's all I have ever wanted. A family.

I'm living a special moment in my life,
and I never want it to end.

.