| Pregnancy 02 | The Ultrasound (SHORT)

[ Levi's P.O.V. ]

I exhaled in surprise as I felt a cold gel being applied to my stomach. My hand that is intertwined with Eren's tensed due to the process of the gel now being rubbed thoroughly. Fortunately, that was done swiftly and I watched as the doctor placed a device on top of me before gently moving it around. My gaze made its way to the screen, and I didn't know what I was looking at. The shocked doctor was fast to point at a small dot on the screen and told me that is my evolving child. He also added that it's the size of a sesame seed. And once I laid my eyes on it, they never left, instead, a surge of different emotions came over me; and it was difficult to control them. I felt Eren's hand tighten, though I still couldn't seem to take my eyes off my child. The room went silent, making the doctor excuse himself to give me and my husband a moment. I'm glad he did, I really am. Because as soon as he left, Eren leaned down, buried his head into my chest, and sobbed like a baby. Though his tears weren't sad, they were far from that. I didn't realize I, too, was letting a tear roll down my face until I felt it. My arms wrapped around my slanted positioned husband, and I pecked his forehead in a loving matter.

Eren : I'm..so happy.

He whispered.

Levi : Me too.

I responded softly. A beautiful smile graced his lips and he looked me deeply in the eyes.

E : I love you so damn much.

He told me before pressing his lips against mine. I kissed back passionately before breaking it a few seconds later.

L : I love you so damn much too, brat.

I let out a breathy laugh and pressed his forehead against mine. My hands flew to the sides of his face, and I caressed his cheeks. We remained that way for a while until the doctor came back.

The gel was wiped off my stomach and I was able to sit up. We chatted with the old man, telling him to keep my pregnancy between the three of us and such. To which he agreed and told us if we had any problems to come back. He also suggested for me to come every month for a check up and stated that when I'm 18 weeks pregnant, I'll be able to get a gender reveal and clear photos. I nodded, understanding each word that came out of the man's mouth. Just like that, we were out of there and back into our car, sitting in silence. I kept my gaze glued onto Eren, seeing as he had his head leaned back and eyes closed. There's something wrong.

L : Eren?

E : Levi.

He opened his eyes and gave me a saddened look.

L : Are you okay?

I inquired, evidently worried about him.

E : I just...I just can never seem to stop thinking about the future..

He paused.

E : And every time I do, I know what's to come. When I laid my eyes on that screen, I was overwhelmed. I remember thinking, that's our baby and I hate to know I won't be able to be there as he or she grows up.

He paused again.

E : I'm sorry for bringing this up, especially right now. But I know we don't talk about this often. And with this new big step we're taking, it'll eventually have to come up more. Especially since I'll only have a limited of time left.

L : Eren—We..We have to try and find another solution to this.

I spoke desperately. My heart started thumping fast—I can't take it. I can't accept this, every time we talk about this, I wonder how I will move on with life. He's the reason I'm still here, and still going. Without him, I'd be dead. Long dead. But now that I'm carrying his child, what will I do then? I'll be alone again, with only our child to raise. Yes, I have friends, but a lover is different. Eren is different. He's special..

E : Another solution.....Levi, the only person who can help me is Zeke. But even so, he is just as clueless as me. I talked to him about it before..

I stared at Eren confused. His eyes widened, and his words seemed to have trailed away.

E : ..maybe..there is another way.

He then said, making my eyes widen. His head turned to me and he smiled, his eyes still glossy.

E : Keyword, maybe.

A laugh escaped his mouth, making my lips curve up.

L : I'll help you in any way.

E : We'll see if there's a way. I'll have to write it down later.. Right now, I think it's best to spend all my time with you. Like if everyday is going to be my last.

My hand slid it's way to Eren's soft healthy locks. I massaged his head gently before moving down and caressing his cheek with my thumb. Slowly, I leaned forward and pressed a light kiss on his lips before smiling as I pulled away.

L : We can do this, Eren. Don't doubt yourself.

E : I...I know we can.

____

I rested my head on Eren's chest, listening to his heartbeat. My eyes stayed closed as I took satisfaction in the sensation of my husbands fingers massaging my head softly. Calming music plays on the TV while both Eren and I cuddle each other, appreciating one another and the moment. Gradually, I moved my hand and intertwined it with Eren's. I smirked when I heard his heartbeat get faster, and when I felt his eyes draw down to me. Comfortably, I held his large hand and snuggled my face closer to his chest, which only made his heart go faster. I chuckled.

L : Your heartbeat is working its ass off, isn't it?

I teasingly said with a grin.

E : I adore you too much!

He blurted out, embarrassed. That made my head move up and lock eyes with his.

L : And I adore you just as much.

The brunette smiled at me and again, we stayed silent. Our eyes remained locked, it's like we couldn't look away from each other. Like if I got lost in his beautiful ocean eyes and he got lost in my own. Sappy, I know. But hell, sometimes I remember that being cheesy shows how much you love and care for one another. I want him to know that I do care, and that I do love him. That I'm working on myself, and making myself be able to express it more. So far, I've been doing good. I know I have. And I will continue to get better at it.

.