| Catalina Island | (Day 2)

August 19th 2023

Levi's P.O.V.

Walking down the streets of this place is...breathtaking, to say the least. My eyes would wander off to the beach close by, which Eren has made clear he is going to visit at least once every day until we leave. I found it funny but had no complaints. As of now, we're making our way there.

This time, Eren is wearing the baby carrier with Erin resting her head against his chest and staring off at the ocean blankly. It made me chuckle lowly, but also made me wonder if she's going to be as calm as I am, rather than as crazy as her dad.

Once we made it to the beach, we began to walk on the sand. There were several people around, many tanning, others eating and drinking, then there's a good bunch swimming. Although the beach was was full of people, both Eren and I found comfort in the liveliness of the place. Since we live somewhere now more isolated from the busy city we used to live in, being here took us back to then, where people were everywhere and living their own lives.

The air was fresh and light, it would blow and feel amazing on my skin. That, making the sight before us feel nostalgic and more surreal than ever. Then there was that smell of the sea, and the way the waves overlapped one another continuously. It made the water reflect the sun and look as if I'm staring at large mass of diamonds. I observed the way the water washed onto the sand, and slid back, the sound of it being like a beautiful melody to my ears. Oh but the colors, those gorgeous colors of Sapphire, Caribbean, Turquoise, and Green, all of which remind me of my husband.

Of Eren.

Every picture, or in person, those colors take my mind straight to him, as if he is the ocean in my eyes. As if he this beauty of never-ending water. Just the word ocean, or sea, make his face pop up into my head.

The beach is long, Eren and I knew we were going to be here for a while, just walking hand in hand, chatting away and allowing ourselves to feel free. To feel at peace, happy, and as if we have the entire world to ourselves.

Eren : So, yeah. They moved out and now Armin said he's interested on doing the same.

Levi : Oh? Remember that bet we made when we were taking Lynx to the vet?

E : ...damn.

L : Damn is right.

I snickered and took a deep breath in and out, cherishing the nice fresh and clean air.

L : This is so refreshing.

E : I'm glad you enjoy it as much as I do.

L : Of course I do. You know I like the outside world...just, not people that much.

E : I know I know. And I don't blame you. But hey, if we had this world to ourselves for decades upon decades, we'd miss having the light some people bring to the world without knowing it.

L : ..mm, you are my light. My sun.... Just as the sun gives life to the earth, your love gives life to my heart. I don't need people around for that, I only need you.

Eren went from looking forward to down at me. I shifted my head, my eyes now on his and there, I saw him with that same beautiful smile of his that I never get tired of, and reddish cheeks.