| Catalina Island | (Day 4) (17+)

August 21st, 2023

Third-Person P.O.V.

Almonds...

That's what Eren smelled as his nose was buried in Levi's hair. He was the big spoon, Levi was the little spoon, and Erin the teaspoon. Levi was holding her to his chest, his arms protectively surrounding her. She was nicely tucked in, and pillows remained on the edge of the bed behind her, just in case of anything. Then there were her plushies Levi had bought yesterday around as well.

Eren opened his eyes, taking in the bright sun coming from the balcony in their current bedroom. Then they moved towards the decoration on it, and slowly down to his husband who snored lowly.

'He smells amazing.' Eren thought to himself before taking in an inhale of his hair. Almonds, vanilla, and honey is exactly what he smelled like. And Eren knew right there, it was because of the small amount of things Levi had gotten before they went into the bath and body store. He remembered seeing something in relation to almonds, also vanilla. And my god...did it drive him crazy.

His nose moved from Levi's hair down to his nape, and there he smelled like almonds again, but sweeter. He moved to his neck, that almond smell still strong but now reeking more of honey.

The brunet's eyes closed for a second, taking in his husband's scent and cherishing it. He then ran his hand over the soft, smooth skin. The way his fingertips grazed upon Levi's skin, the feeling of that sweet flesh that belonged to his forever partner brought a large wave of bliss over him.

Before he knew it, he was acting on his own. Driven by something he couldn't explain.
His body moved, and he was kissing the back of Levi's neck chastely. It was loving, and touching, as if he was appreciating Levi. As if he was trying to hold him, touch him, kiss him, anything physical to prevent Levi from leaving his grasp. Even if he knew he wasn't bound to escape, something within him made him cherish this moment greatly. It made him fall in deeper love.

A hum came from Levi, and a few seconds later, he turned his head and looked back at Eren.

Eren : Good morning, sweetheart. Your sun has risen and wants to brighten your day by starting it off great.

With a big smile, Eren whispered happily before placing a kiss on the corner of Levi's lips. The raven was silent for a bit, likely processing what was going on and what Eren just said. However, it didn't take him long to comprehend everything and respond to it.

Levi : You already started my day off great with just that smile.

He returned the loving grin and proceeded to caress Eren's cheek.

L : I loved you yesterday. I love you today. I'll love you tomorrow. And I'll continue loving you for all of eternity. I ought to make sure that every night in the dark sky, every star will twinkle brightly just for you. Only you and our beautiful daughter.

Levi didn't know what came out of his mouth, it just felt right to speak without...thinking at that moment. Eren, on the other end, was...speechless. He didn't expect this first thing in the morning, nor did he expect to hear that at all from Levi to begin with. But there he was, reflecting on those words after hearing it as clear as day come from the mouth he loves so dearly.