| Pregnancy 14 | The Baby Shower

Levi's P.O.V.

I can't fucking believe it. The moment of Erin's birth is rapidly fucking approaching.

She is estimated to be born between the 20th of March to the 1st of April, said the doctor when I recently went in for a checkup. That knowledge left an anxious feeling lingering in the pit of my stomach. Yet at the same time, I couldn't shake off that blossoming sensation in my chest. When I came back home, I did my usual things but didn't bother to tell Eren about it.

Knowing him...he'd probably bet on a certain date, convince himself it's gonna happen on that date, and when it doesn't, he'll get bummed out. He's childish like that as we all know by now.

Eren : How was it, Levi?

He quickly ran to me after finishing up in the shower.

Levi : Well. Same as always. I have no problems, and the doctor said the baby is very healthy.

I smiled at Eren knowing he's the main reason behind that. I know that if he weren't here, I'd probably give in to consuming a lot of my unhealthy cravings that Eren had somehow found better and safe alternatives for me. He shot a cocky grin back, knowingly. I rolled my eyes and walked into the living room before plopping down carefully on the couch and letting out a sigh of relaxation.

E : You alright?

Eren followed and sat beside me.

L : Back hurts. Feet and ankles are swollen. And I'm fucking exhausted after doing what? Barely anything other than driving.

E : Then just rest up. I can give you a few massages if you'd like?

L : You don't have to. Aren't you going to be busy? I know you have to decorate the backyard for the baby shower happening today...you sure you don't want me to help?

E : Nope! I already started when you were out. But then it got too hot for me and since I was sweating I went to go take a shower. Anyway, you'll be surprised~ it looks amazing! I just need to add a few more things and then go out and get some foods and sweets within uh...what time is it? I don't have my phone on me.

I grabbed my phone from my pocket and turned it on to read the time.

L : 5:39 PM.

E : Alrighty! Within three hours. I have enough time. I can give you a massage.

L : No no, it's okay. The earlier you finish the backyard, the earlier we'll be able to relax together. And...I really want to see the finished product...

E : Haha, got it. You're so cute. I'll be going then, if you need anything, call me!

He placed a delicate kiss on my forehead and gave my stomach a brief rub before walking to the backyard. Once silence fell, I stared off at nothing, thinking back to the words the doctor told me. I wonder what day it will be when I'm due. Frankly...I don't want to bet on a date like I know Eren would but I'm tempted.

Tch, what the hell? This guy is really rubbing off on me. But I mean, it's both a good and bad thing I guess. Fuck, but now that I really deeply think about it...Erin's so fucking close to coming into this world. How nerve-racking is that? It's unbelievably for me. I'm terrified to say the least.