༒•Bessemer converter•༒

{Roman's POV}

As we got closer we saw Stella had dropped her flashlight and the glass was broken. She stood in front of the Bessemer converter.

"Hey Stella is everything okay?" I asked but she didn't respond. He back was facing us. I looked over at Peter to see him staring at the large machine.

"Hey what is this big structure thing?" Peter asked.

"It's a Bessemer converter, at one point they made pig iron into money." I said walking up to Stella. I touched her arm and it was burning hot. "Ow fuck!" I gasped removing my hand off her arm. I slowly walked in front of her to see her eyes were a milky white. "Hey what the fuck is wrong with her?" I looked over at Peter. His head snapped up to see Stella's face.

"Holy shit." He said running over to her. I began to shake her, but she wasn't budging. I could hear my heart pounding in my chest as a sharp pain went through my head. Is this what fear feels like? I snapped out of it when I heard Peter clapping his hands in front of Stella's face.

"STELLA....STELLA!" He shouted.

"She's burning up man....what are we supposed to do?" I asked grabbing her head. "STELLA! Come on wake up." I screamed in hopes she could hear me then a gasp escaped from her lips. Her body going limp as she fell to the floor.

Peter and I helped her as she laid in our arms. Him on one side and I on the other. She started to shake as her eyes slowly went back to her original hazel color. She blinked a few times as she tried to focus on us. Clearly in shock still.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Peter asked. As panic arose from her again beginning to feel around on her body for something.

"Is the blood....Is it still on me?" She stuttered.

"Hey...shhhh there's no blood on you." I whispered softly. She sighed.

"What happened?" Peter asked again.

"I was just curious to see what this thing was...and then...I touched it and... I don't know how to explain it, but I saw what happened to the worker. He was bleeding and...and yelling...and" she was starting to hyperventilate so I quickly pushed her head into my chest to get her to calm down as Peter rubbed her arm letting her know we're here for her.

"Shhhh. Shhh it's okay we got you." I said trying to calm her down.

"So your saying you saw the past?" Peter asked. She lifted her head off of my chest.

"Yeah I guess." She mumbled. Me and Peter nodded and helped Stella up. "It's hot in here." She whined trying to fan herself and moving her hair out of the way.

"I know it's okay. Your okay." Peter reassured her. As we tried to get her out of the mill she stopped walking.

"Also....The other half is here."

"What?" I asked.

"It's... it's Lisa Willoughby. The other half of her is here." She said looking off into the mill.

"Hey....we looked around and didn't find her." I said to her.

"No. She's here."

"How do you know?" I asked walking up to make sure she was okay.

"You can smell it? Can't you."  Peter asked amazed. Stella nodded at him and walked off. Before Peter could walk away too I stopped him by placing my hand on his shoulder.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked quietly.

"Looks like our girl has a nose like a dog." Peter smirked flicking at his own nose. Rolling my eyes I followed them. Stella guided us to where Lisa's other half was. I quickly covered up my nose with my hand because of the awful smell.

"Fuck man." There it was. Lisa's legs laying on the concrete as rats were crawling around and inside her legs. My face scrunched up at the sight.

"Let's go." Peter said turning Stella around as we walked away from the body. "Who the fuck comes in here?"

"I don't know." I said.

"It's your fucking mill."

"We gotta tell someone...right?" Stella asked us.

"Tell them what?" Peter laughed.

"I dunno."

"Look I'm sure someone will find it especially with Chasseur digging around." Peter said.

"Okay now what?" She asked. I walked back and forth waiting on an answer from Peter. I tried to understand how Stella even knew about the body in the first place. Clearly Peter knows something and isn't telling me or her. He was really starting to irritate me. Not to fucking mention him sneaking around with Letha.

I ran my hand through my hair trying to slick back the pieces that kept falling in front of my face

I ran my hand through my hair trying to slick back the pieces that kept falling in front of my face. Then before Peter could say anything sirens went off.

"Shit." Peter said freaking out.

"I'll deal with it." I declared.

"Just do it, okay?" Peter put his hand on my chest. "Don't fuck around."

"You've made your point." I said staring daggers at him. Peter noticed that I wasn't happy and backed away from me. I began to walk away but sniffed my nose and glided my finger over it. Stopping in my tracks then turning around to walked back to peter. "Where?" I mumbled.

"What are you talking about?" Peter asked confused.

"Did you run into Letha in town? If so where?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Jesus Christ!" Peter was frustrated.

"Or did you call her up and meet her there." I asked trying to catch him in a lie.

"They're gonna find your car Rome." Stella's smooth voice said. I wanted to listen to her but I was too god damn stubborn to do so. She stepped in the middle of both of us once she knew I wasn't listening to her.

"Rome? When did you start giving him a nickname?" Peter asked shocked.

"I don't think that's important right now." She said in disbelief.