༒•Gala•༒

{Stella's POV}

I was in the bathroom doing the last bit of my makeup and hair when I heard my door opened up. I looked out to see my aunt was carrying a large box.

"I think it's your dress." She said putting it on my bed.

"Okay thank you." I said looking at myself in the mirror finishing up. I walked out.

"Alright we'll I'll let you get ready then." She said leaving closing the door behind her. I grabbed one of my pocket knives from my drawer and cut open the box. Pulling out a white bag that contained my dress in it. I quickly unzipped the bag and pulled the dress out. It was a beautiful red sparkly lace dress. I put it on and was shocked at how stunning it was. I looked at my full length mirror to see the deep v neck and that my back was exposed.

 I looked at my full length mirror to see the deep v neck and that my back was exposed

I looked inside the box to see another smaller black box

I looked inside the box to see another smaller black box. I grabbed it and open it to find a pair of high heels to match the dress.

 I grabbed it and open it to find a pair of high heels to match the dress

I put the heels on and headed downstairs.

"I feel so awkward in this dress." I said to my aunt who was sitting on the couch watching tv. She paused her show and looked back at me.

"Oh hunny you look so beautiful." She said getting up and walking towards me to get a full look of the dress.

"It feels too expensive to wear." I said nervously.

"It's a gala you'll be fine." She said then there was a heavy knock at the door. I walked over and opened it to see Roman. He looked me up and down in amazement.

"Wow you look...Absolutely Gorgeous." I blushed at him. "Are you ready?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah." He held his arm out for me to take and I did.

"Remember once it's over bring her straight back home." My aunt reminded him as she held open the door for us.

"Of course I'll take good care of her." He said then we walked off to his car. My aunt shut the door finally as we approached his car.

"You look so hot Stella." He said as I let go of his arm for him to open the car door.

"Thanks...Is the dress okay..." I began to say but Roman quickly cut me off.

"The dress looks good on you baby." He muffled as he began to place wet sloppy kisses on my neck. His hands slowly moving up the back of my dress and to my exposed skin. His cold rings grazing my skin causing me to get chills.

"Roman." I moaned trying to escape his grip which made us both laugh.

"What?" He chuckled as he stopped.

"We need to go." I turned around to give him a pouty face and he smirked at me.

"Fineeee." He kissed me before I got in the car. He shut the door and walked around and got in. We drove off eventually making it to the gala. He pulled up to the entrance. As we got out Roman handed the valet his keys for him to park his car. Roman walked around and grabbed onto my hand as he shoved his other one into his pocket as we walked up the stairs.

"This place is huge." I said looking at it from the outside and slowly making our way into the large building together.

"Yeah wait until you see the main lobby." Roman smiled as we walked down the hall. The walls were painted white with accents of gold. As we approached the entrance to the main lobby I could see the crowd of business people. I was starting to feel out of place. As we continued our walk Roman's mom walked up to us with a big smile on her face.

"Darlings..." Olivia's accent peeking through as she spoke while she fixed Roman's tie. "Such a beautiful boy." She smiled then looked over at me. "I'm so glade you could make it tonight Stella. And my goodness what a lovely dress Roman picked out for you." She smiled but was quickly called away from us. Roman and I continue to make our way over to Letha at the bar.

"A water with peppermint please." She asked.

"Peppermint?" Roman questioned Letha.

"My stomach." She motioned to the baby. "Thanks." Letha said to the man and took a sip.

"Are you all right?" Roman let go of my hand and walked behind her to rub her shoulders.

"You always knew how to find the right spot." She laughed.

"I don't know if you given it any thought, but you should have your baby here, at the institute."

"I didn't think they handled that sort of thing here?" She asked.

"I hear they're opening an obstetrics unit. They have the best doctors in the world. Even better you'd be closer to home." He said.

"Whatever's best." Letha said right before throwing up. Roman stepped back to give her some space.

"Oh god."Letha's mom and dad came over quickly. Letha held onto her stomach as her mom grabbed a napkin to whip her face.

"What happened?"

"Give me your jacket." I asked Roman. He quickly took it off and gave it to me. I wrapped it around Letha.

"Come on. I'm taking you home." Letha's mom informed her.

"What about Stella and Roman?" Letha said not wanting to leave.

"Don't worry about them." Her mom told her as they left.

"Two bourbon's please, straight." Roman said to the bartender. As the man made the drinks a guy came over to clean up Letha's mess. Roman grabbed his drink and looked down at the guy lifting his arms up to stay out of the way. Roman quickly downed his drink as I took a sip of mine.

"Another one." Roman set the glass down and received another. He leaned against the bar looking out into the crowd of people.

 He leaned against the bar looking out into the crowd of people