9. The Death Of Peace of Mind

Isla

"What the fuck is going on here?" We heard a voice as Will and I looked over our shoulder, there stood Mike with a smirk on his face. I pushed Will away from me, he just chuckled.

"N-nothing!" I said while pushing Will away from me, the moment of passion was broken. What the fuck was that? If Austin had walked in on us, that would cause a lot of drama.

"The sexual tension is clear, Austin maybe blind but I can see the yearning. Just put yourselves out of the misery and fuck already." The bassist said, Will and I glanced over at each other. Will cleared his throat and walked to the living room, causing a sigh to escape my lips.

I sat on the kitchen island, while Moke walked over to me. What was I doing? This is getting out.
"What's the matter Isla? You look so defeated." Moke said while giving me a hug.

"I feel so defeated, that was so close. Why am I so afraid to give into my feelings? I'm terrified of Austin finding out." I whisper.

"Isla you need to do what makes you happy, you can't always keep caring about what others expect you to do." Moke said.

"Love is the death of peace of mind, especially when it is just confusing." I said to the bassist, he truly felt like an older brother and confidant.

"Don't worry Isla you'll figure it out soon, but you can't keep denying your feelings." He said to me, while giving me a hug and a kiss on my forehead and leaving me to my thoughts. He was right.

Living in denial was the worst feeling, I got up and walked into my bedroom and I went to unzip my dress, pulling it off my body. I pulled on a baggy Lorna Shore sweater that Austin gave me and I sat on my make-up chair removing the stuff that concealed my face. I got up and went to bed.

A few weeks had passed and the gala was happening, I sat on my dressing table chair doing my make-up and hair. The red dress was hung on the wardrobe door, I listened to some music in the back. The Death of peace of mind by Bad Omens played in the background.

I got ready and pulled on the red dress:

I added a pair of gold earrings, I pulled on a pair of black platform heeled sandals

I added a pair of gold earrings, I pulled on a pair of black platform heeled sandals. My pastel pink fell in a wavy hair style. I wanted to put on the necklace, but I couldn't and decided to get someone to help.

"Austin, can you help me with this necklace?" I called out to my brother who seemed to be busy, Will was sitting there and he looked at me.

"I can help you." Will said, as the curly haired vocalist walked toward me, while I stood in front of the mirror and he stood behind me, his fingertips grazing my neck as he clasped the necklace. His touch sent shivers down my spine.

Our eyes met each other's in the mirror, there was something in his eyes that I couldn't place. The doorbell rang, I heard nothing. Austin went and answered, I was about to walk over until I felt a tattooed hand grasp my hand and spin me toward them.

"Isla don't go with him please." Will said to me and I glanced at him.
"Why not? What's the matter?" I asked.

"I can't stand it that you're with another person, just don't go." He said while I sighed. There was a moment of silence, I had a moment of utter confusion. Could he feel the way I felt about him? All those letters, all those meaningful words.

I heard the sound of footsteps towards me, Will dropped his hand from my wrist. Erik walked over to me dressed in a tuexdo and I wonder what Will would look like dressed up?

"My goodness darling you look ravishing! Shall we?" Erik asks me, Will's eyes stayed on me while I linked my arm through Erik's. I sighed and we walked out of there. It was pretty posh over there but I felt out of place.

I had something stashed in my clutch bag and there was a handwritten note which read:
If you want to see who I am, meet me in the park, we'll meet. - Goblin King

Erik was swarmed with women, did I truly belong here? No, why was I here with Erik? I didn't love him like I loved Will, I didn't want this. Especially since I didn't belong in this society, I found myself slipping out and rushing out of there.

Will

Isla wore the dress I bought and she looked so stunning, I saw Austin was telling me something but I didn't pay attention. I left a note in Isla's clutch bag and I would see if she would come, the boys had a rehearsal.

Although my thoughts were focused on her. I didn't miss a beat as always, it was over earlier and the boys were gathered around with beers and stuff.
"Are you staying bro?" Austin asked me and I shook my head no.

I headed outside, the air smelt like it was going to rain, I wondered if she found the note. Would she figure this out? I walked toward my home and saw my cats walk toward me, I bent down and picked them, while I walked outside toward the garden it was raining harder.

Isla

The letters it was him, wasn't it? The rain started pouring but I didn't care, I was rushing to find him... Will and I kicked off my heels and held them in hand. I rushed toward his home, my dress and hair was soaking wet but I didn't care that I looked like a mess.

The rain poured harder, at least the make-up I wore was water proof so I didn't end up looking like a raccoon. I walked up to the porch steps and dropped the heels on the ground. I was contemplating whether to knock on the door or not. I took a deep breath and raised my fist and knocked on the door/

I heard shuffling in the house, and the front door opened and there I saw Will standing before.

"Isla?" Will questions, he stood in his black muscle tank top which revealed his tattoos.

"Will we need to talk..." I said while we glanced at each other.

A/N: Well...What do you think they need to talk about? Will they finally admit their intentions? Comment your ideas! - MyVictim

Song: The Death Of Peace of Mind (Bad Omens)