30. Winds Of Change

Isla

Victoria, Luna and I were having a girls night watching movies and eating popcorn. It has been two weeks since Will had left, we kept in touch via FaceTime and stuff. He hadn't called in a few days, maybe he was resting and I texted him.

"Are you sure this long distance is working between you two? It can't be easy." Luna said and I nodded.

" It is hard. Because only love can hurt like this." I said while taking a bite out of my chip and I felt a wave of nausea hit me. I rushed into the bathroom and threw up. I had been throwing up a lot this week.

Victoria and Luna rushed into the bathroom, I needed to throw up again and Luna held my hair away from my face. They did it up in a bun. I sighed while flushing the toilet.

"Isla you've been throwing up a lot at work, we're worried about you." Luna says.

"I could be coming down with something." I said and then I walked toward my calendar. I saw that I had missed my period.

"Have you taken a pregnancy test? I got a test in my bag. I actually wanted to test myself as well, but before I could take it, I got my period. Maybe you're the lucky one then" Victoria said while walking off. Luna and I cracked up with laughter.

Victoria handed me the box and the girls left me, with shaky hands I opened the box. I peed on the stick and placed it on the sink counter and called the girls. What if I was pregnant? I was terrified, what would I tell Will? It felt like an eternity passed as the timer went off.

"Isla?" I heard Luna ask me, I looked at the girls.

"I can't do it! Luna you tell me." I told the girl in front of me while Victoria held my hand.

"It's p-positive! You're pregnant." Luna said with a smile and I just cried in Victoria's arms.

"How can I tell Will? He's touring and on the other side of the world! He can't be a father to the child." I said while Victoria was trying to calm me down.

"You can't be certain these tests do lie, make an appointment to see the doctor!" Luna said. The girls left, so I was alone while I sat on the floor leaning against my bed holding the test in my hand. Milo padded over to me, I took a deep breath.

"What am I going to do Milo? How should I go about this?" I whispered to my furry friend, while putting my head into my hands and sighing deeply. My phone was ringing and I didn't want to talk to anyone.

I stood up in front of the mirror and I would have a part of me and Will growing in my belly. If it were a boy or a girl, I could imagine the little curls and it made me sigh. What if he wanted me to get rid of the baby? What if he wouldn't want us?

I sat in the doctors waiting room, Will was calling me but I declined the call. I wasn't ready to talk to him at the moment.

"Miss Archey Dr Conti is ready to see you." The receptionist called out, as I had filled out the medical information form and handed it to her. I headed toward the room, it felt like I was approaching my impeding doom.

"I've been feeling a bit nauseous and I've missed my period and wanted to verify if I was pregnant." I said with a deep breath and the doctor nodded.

They took my blood and gave me their own pregnancy test. The doctor came back.

"Congratulations Miss Archey, you're three weeks pregnant. Is the father of the baby in the picture?" Dr Conti asks me. I sat on the chair near his desk.

"No he isn't aware, I just wanted to verify if I was pregnant." I said and she nodded.

"Will he ever be a part of the picture?" She asks while writing a couple of things down.