24. Romeo Found His Julietta

Isla

I stood near the window as the thunder clapped, the rain was pouring hard. I saw the pain in Will's eyes as he pleaded for me not to leave. I couldn't face him, I felt so ashamed for hurting him. It reminded me of the night that he came to the party, Will sat on the garden porch steps. I always knew I loved him, silent tears streamed down my face.

I heard the intercom buzzing, I stepped away from the window grabbing a tissue sniffing, I wiped away the tears and I buzzed the person up. Maybe it was a neighbour who forgot their keys.  Until I heard frantic knocking on my door, his voice.

"Isla! Open the door!" I heard and I took a deep breath and opened it, I was met with a soaking wet Will. His black shirt was soaked through, his pastel pink curls were intact, how could someone still look so damn perfect?

My heart was beating out of my chest, his brown eyes capturing my hazel ones.
"Aren't you going to invite me in?" Will asked me, I took a deep breath and let him inside. Seeing him here was bringing back every feeling I felt, I just wanted to wrap myself in his arms but it was different now.

"Why are you here Will? Why did you look for me?" I whispered while I played with the hem of my skirt, I rushed toward a different room and grabbed a towel and handed it to him.

"I looked for you Isla, you didn't give me a chance to explain. You left without a trace, without a goodbye. I hated myself because I've always wanted..." He trails off, I wanted to touch him but I was nervous.

"Who told you where I was?" I asked him, while Milo strutted over to Will. I knew Will loved cats, and I saw Milo was pawing at Will. He bent down and petted Milo.

Traitor! Here he stood winning the heart of my furry best friend.

"Austin told me." Will said while he stood up from petting Milo.

"Okay...Shouldn't you be with Rosalie?" I asked him, saying her name made my heart hurt.

"Isla I'm not the father of the child, I just wanted you to know you were okay." Will whispers, his brown eyes looking at me. He stepped closer to me, his tattooed hand cupping my face, his thumb tracing my cheek.

"You've seen me, I'm okay. You don't need to worry about me." I whispered, trying my hardest to bury these feelings.

"Good, why didn't you tell me Isla? If this was your dream, I wouldn't have stopped you. But you left me all alone, I stayed awake all night trying to call and you wouldn't answer me. I spent my time hating myself for hurting you." Will said, as his voice broke. Those words made me tear up.

"Will..I'm really sorry I never meant to hurt. But I just couldn't watch you be with someone else, it hurt. The many nights I spent crying, hating myself. The guilt I felt. Especially...That night when you came to the party I wanted to tell you...But I couldn't because I knew you'd stop me!" I said while turning my back to him, as the tears streamed down my face. It was hard to face him. I felt Will's warm hand find mine, he spun me around to face him.

His tattooed hand cupped my face, his touch sending chills down my spine. As the thunder clapped outside, the blue light illuminating the room, his brown eyes gazing into mine.

"Why are you crying Isla? Please stop crying." He whispers, he uses his thumbs to wipe them away. I clung onto his wet black button down shirt, I looked up into his brown eyes and our faces were close. I inhaled his scent, my arm wrapped around his neck.

"Because I hurt the only person I've ever cared about." I whisper breathlessly, my heart racing out of my chest. He lowered his head closer to mine, I stood on my toes to close the gap between us and I pecked his lips. I missed his lips and his touch, I pulled away and looked at him, until he pulled me closer and smashed his lips against mine. I melted into his embrace, causing a moan to leave my lips.