15. Into The Grey

Austin

Isla had not left her room in days and I was getting concerned that she was fading into the grey, I was at my wits end. My sister and best friend went behind my back, but I could see the love they had for each other and Rosalie dropping this bombshell on them both. I sighed, put my head in my hands, tugged on my hair trying to figure out what to do.

Could Rosalie be lying? Could this be true? Was it a ploy to break Isla apart and make her fall apart? So many questions were going through my mind and when my phone rang it made me jump. It read Mike aka Moke, I answered the call.

"Hey man what's up?" I asked into the handset, I sighed.

"Not so good man, Will's been a bit of a mess. After he had the argument with Isla and she told him it was done. He got wasted as fuck, I had to pick him up. I'm heading over to check on him. How's Isla?" He asked me.

"Not so good either man. She's stuck in her room, she's either crying or sobbing hysterically and I can't help her." I said.

"But do you believe Rosalie? Could it be that bad?" Moke questions  and I groaned dwelling on it, it was causing my sister pain for sure.

"At this point I don't know what to believe anymore!" I said into the handset and began pacing around in the living room.

"At this point anything is possible, we need to figure this shit out because if not something is going to happen." Moke said and we continued talking about band stuff and we decided we would meet up with the rest of the guys and get their input later.

"Do you want me to check on Will? And maybe you can check on Isla, perhaps she thinks I'm her brother and won't speak to me." I said and he nodded.

"Alright I'll come on by now then, you can check on Will." Moke said through the phone, I figured there must be an explanation of this.

Isla

I got up and walked into my bathroom and saw my eyes were rimmed red and bags were under them. I pulled my wet hair into a messy bun and pulled on a pair of black yoga leggings with a massive crew neck Lorna Shore top and headed downstairs and saw Austin sitting in the kitchen area. I shuffled toward the kitchen, and decided to get a glass of orange juice.

"Do you want me to check on Will? Maybe you could check on Isla because since I'm her brother she won't speak to me." Austin says to the person on the phone, and I sighed. While I leant against the kitchen island, I decided to make some banana and chocolate chip pancakes, because they were Austin's favourite. I began getting the pancake mix and one banana and a handful of chocolate chips, and mixed them together. I grabbed some coconut spray oil and I heated up the frying pan and I began putting down the batter and let it sizzle.

"Isla? Are you here?" I heard Austin ask me, and I looked back at him and nodded.

"Y-yeah, well grab a plate. We're having pancakes." I said with a sigh, he grabs three plates and I started to pile them on. I felt terrible about the way things and I just wanted to make for it, especially allowing someone to get in between mine and my brother's relationship it is something that I can't forgive myself for. I sighed sadly.

"Look Isla, I'm not annoyed with you because I know you can't help who you love, I am not angry with you for loving Will. I was just disappointed that you did not confide in me, and I sort of figured it was Will writing those letters. " Austin said with a sigh, while I finished up the last few pancakes and brought them over to the table.

"Look Austin, whatever Will and I had. It is done, he might be a father and I can't interfere with his life, I have to move forward that is the only way things can continue with our lives. I'm sorry and you were right, I shouldn't have allowed myself to fall for him." I whispered while we both sat in front of each other and ate our food in silence.

"Isla...You don't have to pretend that you're not in love with him,  I can see it on your face, don't lie to yourself" Austin said while I glanced at him and sighed. A silence filled us both, while we were eating and I sighed. He was right, I do love Will so much and he's stunning and all. But how could I become someone who is in between them now?

"It doesn't matter anymore, what's done is done. But you should go and check on Will Austin, after all he is your friend and I will just go somewhere." I said with a sigh, and he nodded. I sighed, while the doorbell rang and he opened it. Moke stood there and he came in.

"So where is she?" Moke asks me and I wave at him and give him a hug.
"Ahh my pretty lady here you are!" Moke says while hugging me and sobbing fakely which caused a giggle to escape my lips.

"Will you children be okay so I can at least on Will?" Austin asked us and we both needed as he shoved his Vans on and a jacket and headed out. I rushed over and gave him a hug.

"So pretty lady I brought you ice cream and snacks, now what should we watch?" He asked me.
"How about the Underworld movie ?" I questioned and nodded and we found it somewhere and started watching.
"How are you Isla? I can see you're sad." Moke said while we watched for the movie credits to roll.

"Not so good, I miss him, Moke. I still love him but what am I supposed to do? I can't be in his way." I whisper while taking a spoonful of chocolate mint ice cream.

"He loves you too, he was so broken up about all this." He said with a sigh, while he elaborated on what went down and I felt bad.  I felt tears stream down my face again, and Moke saw he paused the movie and looked at me. I started crying again while Moke held me, as I cried into his shoulder while his arms engulfed me into and I just stayed. All I wanted was him, all I wanted was to be held by Will. I miss him.

Will

I sat in the darkness with my cats laid across my lap, with a little LED light shining around me. I heaved a deep sigh, all I could think about was Isla. I miss her, I remembered the things we used to do together, I remember the way her body felt against mine. We fight each other, she understood me and I understood her.

Dusti meowed at me and began pawing at me, I looked at the felines laid across my lap.

"Yes I miss her too!" I whispered and I heard a knock on the door and I shuffled toward it and I saw Austin standing there.

"Austin man, why are you here?" I asked him. While I invited him inside and grabbed two beers.

"How's she? How is Isla? I don't know where to begin, I never meant to hurt her and this bombshell just landed in my lap?" I said with a sigh, he looked at me.

"Well I was mad that you and Isla went behind my back but I know how much she loves you Will. She's been crying nonstop." Austin said with a sigh while we chatted about things.

"So what are you going to do?" Austin asks while taking the sip of the beer.
"What am I supposed to do man? Isla hates me and doesn't want to see me and well with Rosalie, I'll be accompanying her to the first doctor's visit." I said with a sigh, while playing with the label on the beer bottle.

"Just be careful man, don't get hurt." Austin said while I nodded.
"How's Isla?" I asked him.
"She's been in her room and crying a lot, I left her with Mike. So they're watching a movie, she misses you terribly." He said with a somber expression.

"I just have to figure this stuff out man, especially im trying to push Rosalie to do a paternity test. I have to know if I am a dad or not. I just find out." I said sighing deeply.

"And what about my sister Will? What about Isla?" Austin asks me, I looked at him.

"I love her man, I love her so damn much but I need to figure out the truth, because she doesn't deserve to be dragged into this mess." I said and he agreed.

"The guys and I have your back no matter what." Austin said to me.

A/N: Do you think Isla and Will find themselves back to each other? Is Rosalie telling the truth? Will Isla be accepted into the art program? - MyVictim

Song: The Grey (Bad Omens)