Chapter 4: Powers? (2)

From the morning to the night, Enrique had stopped 6 more small-time crimes. Though he hadn't managed to convert any more of the victims he saved.

His plans, for now, was to play hero, or anti-hero. Saving people was the best way to earn something back from them. Their faith, for example. Although that didn't work so well today, as he only earned a single believer, both he and Mut were fine with this development. This was, after all, his first day at the job.

Enrique decided to call it a day and changed to his business suit. One thing he noticed was that he wasn't tired at all even after running around all day, he didn't even sweat.

With that information, he noted all the powers he had in total. Or at least the ones that he has figured out until now.

-Peak Human Condition. Which applied to Strength, Agility, Stamina, Durability, and Senses. ✔️

-Super-Durable Super-Suit ✔️

-Lightning Manipulation ✔️

-Flight ✔️

There was also his magic mask, but he didn't count it. Flight was the hardest to do, he could barely manoeuvre in the air, but he knew it would be very useful when he got used to it.

Enrique walked out of an alley and moved between the crowds. As he came out under the moonlit sky, he realised his suit was dirt resistant. It looked as new as before.

Enrique walked for twenty minutes, since he was quite far from his apartment, and realised something.

He was being followed.

'Is it SHIELD? Already?'

He decided to lead the spy to a corner.

—★—

Anna Marie had run away from her home this morning, after she made sure her ex-boyfriend had woken up from his coma.

The weird mutant power she unlocked three weeks ago was horrifying, as anybody that her skin came into contact with was instantly sent into some sort of seizure. She was planning to flee to Canada, leaving America, away from her family who saw her as some sort of freak. But before she could illegally travel out of the country, she had encountered someone... special.

This man, running around in a suit with a strange lightning symbol on his chest, was a mutant as well, presumably. She wasn't sure about the differences between Mutants and other superhumans. Heck, she didn't even know much about these "Supers" until she did some research after gaining her curse of a power.

In any case, as a person who's fighting crime and saving people, this man should be trustable. He might have some advice for her, maybe even a way to deactivate her power? To know if her guesses were right or wrong, she decided on following him.

She sneakily trailed behind him until his last alleyway, from where he came out wearing a normal white businessman suit.

'This is...?'

Anna soon realised why his costume had changed. This must be his hidden "civilian identity". Kind of like some of the recent superheroes, like Fantastic Four, whose identity was known, and Spiderman whose identity was unknown. Was this person playing Spiderman's game? If so, would it be a good idea to talk to him in his civilian persona?

...Anna shook her head. No, she must talk to him. Who knew if she would ever meet him again or not?

Carefully, she again started to follow him, following him to the outskirts of the city, where he stood outside a Walmart shop, in front of a vending machine as he purchased two drinks.