54: The Battle of New York! (2)

Chapter 54: The Battle of New York! (2)

From the Stark Tower, Enrique's house was around 20 kilometers away. His office, however, was between these two places. From the tower, his office was 10 kilometers away.

So there was a chance that the Chitauri assault might reach here. Ten kilometers was far, but it wasn't courtiers apart, after all. It'd be bad for his reputation and also repair costs if the attack reached here and destroyed the building, killing the employees.

While stopping the building from getting possibly destroyed was hard, the same didn't apply to the people. He could save them, and he should.

So Enrique pushed open the window in his office, the exclusively made window in his boss's chamber that could be easily opened by him from the other side. Pushing open the door of his chamber next, he stepped into the general office with Anna in his arms.

"Hey, guys. Sorry for the sudden visit."

Dropping her to her feet, he allowed the other to stop working for a moment as they gave Anna a surprised look. While they did, Enrique's costume finished changing into his business model.

"All right, people."

Enrique cleared his throat.

"Something great happened to me, so I am announcing an office vacation. Three-days Hawaii trip sounds good? The company will pay. You can bring one friend or family member along. I might join too if I have free time. It's time to rejoice."

The employees who were staring at Rogue, who had come to the office for the first time, all snapped their heads at Enrique. There was a short silence before they broke out in a cheer.

"Hey, have I said how you're the best boss?"

One of the 7 female employees, a typical blondie who was in her early 20s, cheered out. Amelia was one of the more cheerful employees, thanks to being the youngest here.

"You did. You said the same thing three times this week."

Enrique chuckled and watched the girl smile goofily. In a joking tone, she spoke her next words.

"But boss, I am not married, nor do I have a boyfriend. Isn't it a shame to go alone? As a concerned employee, I think we should save money. I suggest you don't buy a ticket for yourself, and just use my spare. What do you think?"

Enrique laughed it off while sending a slight jolt of electricity to Anna who looked ticked off by the joke. The jolt told her not to do anything stupid.

"Haha, young people are so humorous. Sadly, I will have to reject that offer. But I do agree with your idea of saving money. In that case,"

Enrique turned his head around to look for someone. Only a second later did he notice the red-headed MJ running towards him with papers in her arms. It seemed she hadn't heard his announcement yet and was only leaving her office when she noticed him.

"Miss Jane can use your spare. Since she too is single, sadly."

MJ froze on her spot, blinking in confusion at why her marital status was being brought up. She tilted her head and looked around.

Before this, she was about to grab Enrique and hand him over the paper works, but now she was confused. Sadly, she stayed confused until the last moment since Enrique had to leave and do other things.

"Anyhow, everybody. I will send you emails with more details. Please explain the situation to Miss Jane here. The flight is tomorrow, 8 P.M. Goodbye."

While MJ looked around disorderly, Enrique grabbed Rogue and flew off through the open window.