43: Tigress Trap (1)

Chapter 43: Tigress Trap (1)

Enrique was satisfied with how this meeting with Lydia Hardy went. Now he also knew why this woman had contacted him, to begin with. It was because her daughter had built a crush.

‘What to feel about this?’

Miss Felicia “Black Cat” Hardy was flirtatious in the comics, more than any other possible character in Marvel. It’s not easy to make her fall in love. However, as she was barely legal in this current timeline, her young heart honestly might have gotten swayed by being a Damsel in Distress.

Enrique didn’t want anything to do with her yet, sadly. He wasn’t sure about her powers. Since she could transform into a Cat-Girl, similar to one of the comics he barely recalled, she might have the Bad Luck power too that she had in that comic.

Did she even know how to control her powers? Enrique would guess—No. If that’s the case, then being around her may not be a smart thing to do, as much as he was attracted to her perky butt.

‘Though, since my Superhero Team is forming out to consist mostly of felines anyway, it might not be a bad idea. But not yet, not before I know for sure that she doesn’t bring bad luck to the people around her.’ Enrique decided at last just as he reached his destination, his villa.

In whatever case, now that he would have a stable fund from this relationship with  Hardy Corporations, it was time to expand his business. It’s time to hire some good workers and all that stuff. However, before that though…

‘It’s time to give Ava her trial, finally.’

* * *

Greer Nelson was mad, angrier than she ever was in a long while.

How could she not be? This guy who she thought was kind after all, who she spent quite a few nights with, sharing a bed, didn’t even see her as a ‘friend’ until now. To be fair, she wouldn’t say she was that close with him either—but she could still call him a friend, that much was given.

More than that though, she was angrier by the… request he made. It was a summary of his future plan, something she didn’t want to be a part of—but he had her on a leash so she couldn’t say no.

She tried saying no, but that didn’t work so well—her body has already become his ‘Yes Girl’. It moved in whatever way he ordered it to, her powers had made her body submit to this strong male feline.

That, when mixed with her desire to earn back her Cat’s Amulet, she couldn’t help but give in. Greer told herself that this was for the better, for both Ava and herself.

Enrique’s plan was simple. He believed this world will soon face dangers, perhaps maybe from outside, or even inner conflicts. To keep himself and his close ones safe, he said he needed to form a team of Super-Powered Individuals.

“Now I did start this talk by saying you are not my friend and whatnot, but I will admit I like your body—and I am sure yours likes mine too. Maybe that will one day develop into love, for all we can tell? For that though, you’ll need to be around me. Honestly, I would love to have you by my side.” –was what he said, while gently stroking her head as if she was some sort of pet.

“But Ava Ayala. What to do about that girl? You know, I am not so… heroic. You must have realized that by now. While Anna accepts that side of me, and so do you, I doubt this little girl will understand. I am selfish, but I am not self-centered. I want both myself and my loved ones to be well. My loved ones mean only Anna right now, but that will include you soon if you decide to stay by my side. However, as I said, this Ava girl wouldn’t understand that. She is a delusional bitch with White Knight syndrome.” –he had added.