50: The Tiger & The Phoenix (1)

Chapter 50: The Tiger & The Phoenix (1)

It was the new year of 2012.

Enrique had no idea precisely when the plot of 'Avengers' would take place.

Odds were that it might just happen in the last month of the year. So, there was no point in holding back the things that needed to be done.

One such thing was Anna's school. She was yet to graduate high school.

Anna's third year was supposed to start in October last year. But on a holiday a weekend before that, she discovered her powers. After which she fled her home.

So Anna Marie's a 2nd-year high school dropout. Which wasn't a good thing for what Enrique had in mind about her.

"But still, c'mon, sugah! I am a freaking Superhero! Why must I have to attend school?!"

As Enrique had expected, she didn't react calmly when the news was broken to her. It was natural given her age. Only a decade or more later will she realize the true importance of school.

"Listen,"

Enrique sipped coffee and said.

"College is ignorable. In the incoming era, there is nothing that college teaches you that's important enough to waste four years there. You can learn those things yourself. However, it's a little different when it comes to high school."

The two of them were sitting inside a Starbucks, and a few people were looking due to their costumes. A kid had come earlier for an autograph, but other than that, everything was at peace.

Unlike the rumors, most people in this country minded their own business.

Rogue wore a frown as she sipped boba and stared at him with unamused eyes.

"What's so different?"

She asked since she clearly saw no real reason.

"More so, when I have such a handicap. Why must I... go amongst people who will fear me? Are you even planning to send me to a mutant school?"

"As of right now? Nope."

Enrique shrugged at her question.

"The only two mutant schools are that of Charles and Emma. Charles is clearly not even being considered, while Emma is someone I have a passive-aggressive relationship with. She may be on our side right now, but that may not always be true. I don't want you to study in her school and let her learn all the secrets about your powers."

"Fair enough. Then, a normal school? Um, Enrique..."

She looked hesitant. Scared, even.

"Is this... really necessary?"

Her glove-wearing hand that was holding the boba glass tightened around it.

"Hah. Let's ignore the benefits you'll get by being a high school graduate. I plan to make you a public figure, in which case it's better to have a clean history than a dropout one. But again, we are going to ignore that since money can fix some certificates. The main thing is, you and yourself."

Enrique explained while sipping coffee. She looked more confused than before as he spoke further.

"Did I tell you that I don't at all suggest therapy to people? Yes, there are cases where therapy is needed, but I speak for the general. The number of people who are taking therapy shouldn't be that high. Ask me, why?"

"...Why?"

"Because most people like to think that they're weaker than they actually are. I am not joking, people find comfort in thinking they're weak. But in truth, they are just little cunts who are scared. Just like you."