41: Midland Circle

Chapter 41: Midland Circle

Due to the bloody fight that took place on the first floor of the Villa, the entire place wasn't suitable for spending the rest of the night thanks to the smell that spread to the entire area.

Enrique was fine with not sleeping a single night, but he knew the three girls weren't the same. The sight they had to witness shook them, so they needed a good night's sleep to calm down.

Enrique and Ava, when they landed outside the villa, found Greer and Ava waiting outside. 

After a quick chat with them and realizing they needed a night to spend until the villa was cleaned, Enrique sent a text to Emma Frost. Emma was his brand new 'partner' in words, but in truth she was but a glorified slave, so she could take care of these minor things.

[Emma: Alright. I will be booking a hotel for you four. Don't worry, it's one under Frost International so Greer Nelson can move around freely. As for cleaning your villa, I will send men, they will take care of it.]

[Enrique: Set up a new villa for me. I don't wish to spend nights in a place bathed by the blood of a hundred corpses.]

Enrique for sure didn't want to live here any longer after this night, and Emma guessed that was fair—more so since it was she who initiated the attack, to begin with.

[Emma: …Fine. I think that's better, too. I will set up a new villa for you, and Frost International will protect its location, so don't worry about just anybody with money finding your home.]

At the same time, Enrique knew Emma must be thinking how giving him a mansion from her side would make spying on him and stuff like that easier. Sadly for her, Enrique was looking out for her tricks and so she could only dream.

[Enrique: Thank you, please do so. Also, make sure I get my papers soon, the ones I petitioned for. I am sure you know what I am talking about.]

Emma read his message but didn't reply. But Enrique was sure she would do the things she was told.

Later, Enrique received details from her about the hotel chosen for him and the girls to spend the night in. They would stay there until Emma prepared a new villa for them.

* * *

The next few days were uneventful for the most part.

Enrique met Peter coincidentally when he was under the mask, where the teenager once again thanked him for helping in the Homecoming incident. 

As warned by the Great Weaver a few days ago, Enrique had texted Peter that he didn't have to pray to Mut any longer. This time he reminded Peter again, but in person, so as not to get in any potential trouble.

Other than that, there was nothing unusual that happened in the next few days. No Black Cat, no SHIELD, no Mutant problems, no Hand, and no nothing.

At one point, Enrique's fake papers were done and at the same time, Emma finished a grand villa for him. Emma wanted to write it down to his name, but he didn't take it, because in the worst case she may have hidden something in that place and then will call the authorities to get him in trouble. This, as well, was a temporary stay for Enrique. He would make his own money and build his own useful villa.

It was also near Highland Park for the sake of convenience, and the four soon moved there. Their lifestyles weren't so much as affected as they hadn't even spent a week in the old villa.

Just like that, Saturday soon came, and Enrique prepared to meet with Lydia Hardy tomorrow. However, when he woke up in the morning, an unexpected occurrence finally happened.